Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: TPMS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coolerman wrote:

Just bought and installed the TST-507 system on our Sonic for our trip out to Colorado.
A test trip showed it would read three tires no problem without the repeater, but to get that right rear passenger side tire, I had to install the repeater. The monitor is rechargeable through USB, small, and bright. Really easy to read. Oh, it's also LOUD! As a test I let about 10 PSI out of a tire and started driving around the parking lot where I was doing brake testing/setup. I turned on the monitor and as soon as it synched up, it started flashing the low tire and beeping loudly. Stopped, aired the tire backup with my Co2 tank, and it read the new pressure and all was fine. This is going to take some of the stress off me while towing these long runs.

Yes it’s a very good system. I’ve had it all this year. It has worked flawlessly. And yes that repeater is necessary. Even with the rear duals in the MH.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also went with TST 507 unit and it works perfectly...........once I called Support and got them to set it up for me. The guy was super helpful and did guided me thru the whole thing. I installed the booster under the pass thru as there was handy 12v right there. I didn't get the color screen for some reason.......oh well. Tucked the monitor over in the left hand corner of the wind shield. Very nice product. I may upgrade to the internal sensors when I get new tires...........

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

K_and_I

North Central Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/20 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have the TST 507 system with color monitor. I just had a problem with the monitor going blank and not able to turn on. Long story short- do not leave the color monitor plugged in to power all the time. Just charge it as needed and it will last 5-7 days on a charge. Leaving it plugged in is detrimental to the batteries. Mine is on the way back from TST after being repaired. The manual states, "Do not keep a fully charged display plugged in constantly." but I missed that.

K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Bigbird65

Arlington Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/20 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the TireMinder solar powered TPMS and it saved me twice on our recent 2400 mile camping trip. The failures were due to the metal/rubber high pressure stems. They developed leaks at different times on different tires. I suspect that the stems failed due to the pressure from the weight of the sensors. I finally got Discount Tire to replace these stems with full metal bolt on stems with a rubber seal inside the tire. I think this will be the answer.

[image]

[image]

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Tire Minder. 65 lb tires. Works great. Very Helpful. Small display I put on upper left of windshield. Solar (no batteries) display is nice.

Oh and for what its worth, I got a TPS because we had a trailer flat that turned into full rubber loss and riding on the rim for a while.

We had no idea the tire lost air, disintegrated, completely fell off, and killed the wheel.

A trucker drove along side us at 60mph and let us know.
$300 rim and tire later - I got the Tire Minder.

Bigbird65

Arlington Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/20 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You sure have a good one. I really value mine.

mbopp

Henrietta, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TST 507 and I didn't need the booster. BTW - there are several active Grand Design and Grand Design Imagine FB pages.

2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.