Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Gravity Water Fill
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Gravity Water Fill

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
30sweeds

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dusty R wrote:

Dumb question.
On the gravity fill. Your going to be carrying the water to it. So what difference does it make where it is?

Not personally carrying water anywhere.I drive to the water.On the gravity fill on the wrong side comment....I like to dump and fill at the same time.Had to turn around to fill with the old Winnie.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/20 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

30sweeds wrote:

On the gravity fill on the wrong side comment....I like to dump and fill at the same time. Had to turn around to fill with the old Winnie.
I heard that some RV manufactures intentionally placed the gravity fill on the opposite side because people who are not paying attention, accidentally add gas into the fresh water fill. I can see that happening if driving hard and long to make time.

Our fresh water fill is on the right side, opposite the waste and gas. It's no problem using our Walmart-bought 25 foot RV water hose. I never considered it an inconvenience.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This. At least my Jayco Redhawk 22J has this.

There is just one entrance for water, where the city water fill is. Inside the rear compartment are 2 "switches". Each one has 3 positions. Depending on the source of water, the valves are set to different settings. I have several choices. 1) city water, 2) fresh water tank fill, 3) country fill (for pumping water from say 5 gallon containers to the water tank), 4) normal (using the water in the fresh water tank), 5) winterize, 6) sanitize.

valhalla360 wrote:

Gjac wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

I assume you looked around on the exterior and didn't find a fill hole?

If you don't: You could stop by the hardware store and pick up a garden hose end fitting. It would only take a minute or two to put it on, fill up and then 30 seconds to pull it off. Just have the fitting and a screwdriver handy by the front seat when you pull in.
How do you by pass the check valve to allow water to flow in?

Same way when you use a standard hose at a regular tap. Might be a valve or valves you switch over.

I doubt they put in a fresh water tank and there is no way to fill it.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
2018 Jayco Redhawk 22J
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so you are saving they have a tap with no threads for a hose? and you want to fill thru a gravity fill? you need a water thief or water bandit that pushes over the faucet and your potable water hose screws onto it. then fill your tank.

charles

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/20 03:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears that the OP has left the conversation, I hope not dehydrated somewhere.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Gravity Water Fill
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.