cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outlook/Google Issue

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
I use MS Outlook for email client (no arguments please on it) to get my Gmail. Whenever we travel when I bring up Outlook I get a popup box requiring my Outlook password. No matter how I try to enter it it does not work. This happens if I am on CG WIFI or my Mobley or using iPhone data.

Any suggestions? Have done searches online and cannot find a final solution.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210
9 REPLIES 9

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Wizard - back home and same issue with the AT&T my cell service. Tried a different PC and same issue so it seems to be that AT&T is the issue. Now to figure out how to fix it.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
JJnLilly wrote:
Okay guys, am using Outlook because we have several Gmail addresses for different activities. All set to IMAP and no user credential problems with Windows. I can read mail online with Gmail, but that means signing in and out of accounts. It was so much easier with Outlook. Will be back home late on Friday and will see what happens.
You think it is so much easier in Outlook because you don't understand the options out there for you. I have six email addresses (on three different email servers) I monitor through one of my gmail accounts and no I don't have to log into more than one account to send and receive emails in all six accounts. I'm not sure why you consider using the Gmail client as reading email online and Outlook not unless you have an old version of Outlook before Outlook became cloud based.

All it takes is to forward all monitored email accounts to one account and then in that account to set Gmail client to reply to email addresses from the same email address it was sent to:

• Accounts & Import in Gmail Settings:

• I have all my emails come to my main account inbox, but they can be directed to other folders(labels) as the user prefers.
  • etc.

And the upside is, Gmail client managed email can be accessed from any device (Windows, I-stuff, Android, Linux...)
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Okay guys, am using Outlook because we have several Gmail addresses for different activities. All set to IMAP and no user credential problems with Windows. I can read mail online with Gmail, but that means signing in and out of accounts. It was so much easier with Outlook. Will be back home late on Friday and will see what happens.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
When Outlook isnโ€™t cooperating for you, is there any reason why you couldnโ€™t log into Gmail directly and read & respond to emails? It may not be your preference, but at least it should let you do what you need to do. Just a thought. But hopefully youโ€™ll find a solution to the Outlook situation.

Over the years Iโ€™ve had both Outlook and T-bird rather abruptly quit working correctly. But Gmail has been plugging along for, I think, about 9 years without a hiccup. Not that Iโ€™m too excited about having my emails sifted by them for marketing (and profiling?) purposes, but I havenโ€™t worked up enough gumption yet to find something that might be better. Although... my son suggested that he knows how to set up an extra computer to act as a personal email server; if Hillary could have one in the bathroom, why not me? ๐Ÿ™‚
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Found this on an MS Outlook forum: โ€œThe first solution you can try is resetting the login settings for Outlook through Windows Credentials Manager. ... Navigate to User accounts and go to Credential Manager. In the Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials section, remove any stored credentials referencing the Office 365 or ms. outlook email addresses.โ€

Lenny
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

MrWizard
Are you using the same PC ?

Does it work with the Mobley if you park the RV At home

Pop3 or imap protocol ?

I haven't use an email client program in many years but I do remember you have to set gmail and the client to use the same protocol

I used to use Thunderbird email client

We have an older lady friend in real estate
Every couple of months she would call with an email problem, and I would have to go over and RESET Outlook for her,
How it would get changed idnk
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
I fought that exact issue for years, both with gmail and outlook accounts. Some days it would work, some days it didn't. Never found a solution, and for that reason alone, I no longer use Outlook.
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I use GMAIL by itself. No problems.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
JJnLilly wrote:
I use MS Outlook for email client (no arguments please on it) to get my Gmail. Whenever we travel when I bring up Outlook I get a popup box requiring my Outlook password. No matter how I try to enter it it does not work. This happens if I am on CG WIFI or my Mobley or using iPhone data.

Any suggestions? Have done searches online and cannot find a final solution.

hmm. i've been an Outlook user for, well, forever. never have used anything else. currently using OL2007 on a Win10 laptop and a Win7 desktop. no issues with G-Mail and we have 8-10 different G-Mail addresses.

I've never heard or run across your issue. which OS? Which version of OL? if it's OL365 based in the cloud then I can't help you.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle