Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Battery Monitor Install
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Battery Monitor Install

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
KMLsquared

Cotati CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those things are super cool, I actually have 2, one for the charger power and one for power used in the RV. I also added a simple $20 Bluetooth monitor for battery voltage. So I can lay in bed and see if I need to get up are charge the batteries. Also it has very good data logging that I can scroll back thru for many months. Highly recommend one of those as well.

2002 Doge RAM LB QC 4x4 HO 6spd
2003 Rampage 33TB
2007 CRF80F
2006 TTR50E
2004 CRF70
2002 TTR125L
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja Bug

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for posting this. I've purchased one and am in the process of installing it now. I want a "clean" job, so I had to order a couple of ring terminals large enough to put on the negative wire coming in from the battery (6 AWG I think) for the connection to the shunt.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/20 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey SpeakEasy, good luck with your planned installation. Because you reference a "clean" installation (a man after my own heart) may I offer some additional information that may be helpful. If you plan to install it in an interior hollow wall as I did you may be able to cut the opening using a jig saw. However, when I tried this it worked fine at the beginning, but I discovered there was a wire inside the wall that was in danger of being cut. I switched to a utility knife for the remainder of the cut. The camper walls are so thin that I actually got a nice clean cut with no difficulty. The only additional recommendation I have is that you make the hole as accurately as you can to ensure a nice snug fit. There are little plastic tabs on each end of the monitor that will compress when you insert it and hold it in place. So a sloppy fit might not hold very well.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Battery Monitor Install
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.