Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Battery Monitor Install
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Battery Monitor Install

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
KMLsquared

Cotati CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those things are super cool, I actually have 2, one for the charger power and one for power used in the RV. I also added a simple $20 Bluetooth monitor for battery voltage. So I can lay in bed and see if I need to get up are charge the batteries. Also it has very good data logging that I can scroll back thru for many months. Highly recommend one of those as well.

2002 HO 6spd LB QC 4x4. Edge Juice w/Att 4" str8 pipe AFE int Skyjacker D25 springs w/10" Fox Shox 2.0 Thuren track bar PSC Steering box w/DSS. Fox Steering Damper w/custom mount.

2003 Rampage 33TB
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for posting this. I've purchased one and am in the process of installing it now. I want a "clean" job, so I had to order a couple of ring terminals large enough to put on the negative wire coming in from the battery (6 AWG I think) for the connection to the shunt.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/20 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey SpeakEasy, good luck with your planned installation. Because you reference a "clean" installation (a man after my own heart) may I offer some additional information that may be helpful. If you plan to install it in an interior hollow wall as I did you may be able to cut the opening using a jig saw. However, when I tried this it worked fine at the beginning, but I discovered there was a wire inside the wall that was in danger of being cut. I switched to a utility knife for the remainder of the cut. The camper walls are so thin that I actually got a nice clean cut with no difficulty. The only additional recommendation I have is that you make the hole as accurately as you can to ensure a nice snug fit. There are little plastic tabs on each end of the monitor that will compress when you insert it and hold it in place. So a sloppy fit might not hold very well.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Battery Monitor Install
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.