cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leprechaun 260 DS fresh water system question

Flyfisher1947
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new Leprechaun 260 DS. Like inside but the outside fresh water and winterizing system is an issue. The directions say to drain the water tank by opening T-valve hidden behind panel in driver side large storage area. The T-valve drains so slowly that after 1 hour at 1/3 tank fresh, it still read 1/3. Removed the whole side panel to see tank and it indeed had 1/3 fresh still. I finally closed the T-valve low point drains and turned on the pump and used the shower to drain the tank down until the pump was getting a small amount of air. I had already cut a hole in the wall so I can get to the pump. Anyone have any ideas how to get the T-valve to drain faster? Also, it has no gravity water fill. So how does one get water when the Forest Service campground has only a hand pump? Ideas appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Our C has no gravity fill either. I miss gravity fill. Simple.

We have to put our valving in certain positions (no need telling you ours -- it will be different on yours) and it will SUCK the water from a container (water w/o pressure). So, for the hand pump at the Forest Service campsite, pump it into a bucket/clean water storage container, and run a hose from it to your water input....AND place your valving in the right position. Check owners manual or see your dealer.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d pull the valve off the tank ,look for junk clogging it up.