cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to properly seal Jalousie RV windows

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
I have 1993 Class A with Hehr Jalousie windows in the back. As you turn the screw on the Jalousie windows, they come down and eventually pull up against the RV. There is a seal between the window pane and the window frame that has weathered and needs replacing. You'd think I could find some sort of reference information about what to replace this with but after days of searching, all I can find is how to use butyl tape around the frame when installing a jalousie window...sigh

I can see its 1/2" wide x 1/8" thick rubberized one sided tape, but it can't possibly be the same stuff I use on a house door, right? I've used this in the RV but its nowhere near hearty enough to use outside, especially through a freezing winter I would think. I tried searching for cars or external RV's with no luck. Any advice would be fantastic!
2 REPLIES 2

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
after spending quite a bit of time inspect and dissecting it, I've come to the conclusion that its just regular neoprene (closed cell) 1/2" by 1/8" single sided weather stripping. Same stuff you might use in your house.

I find it hard to believe this is what was installed stock, but I've had the RV since it was almost new, so perhaps it really is just that.

Anyways, thanks MountainAir05. Appreciate the response

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
maybe here.

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page3.html