cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find a center mechanism for Jalousie Window

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1993 Class A RV and both rear windows are Hehr Jalousie windows. In both cases, the mechanism, or screw, that opens and closes the window is located in the center bottom of the window. Not the right, not the left, but right in the middle. Due to this, the bar (or pipe) that spins and opens and closes the window, is attached to both sides of the mechanism (or screw). Basically one on each side. The window has rounded corners, which is why I'm guessing it uses a center mech.

So, one of the mechanisms has cracked open. I have temp fixed it with a clamp, but it won't last. I need to replace it and should probably just replace both while I'm at it.

Everywhere I've searched I've only found replacement mechanisms that are either right or left. I've tried searching for double sided, two sided, and center, but no luck. Anyone had any experience with this?
9 REPLIES 9

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
I said "pardon?"... 8-)

Everything I found for these windows was either right or left mounted mechanisms (or screws), where the windows were square and the mech was positioned against the bottom corner of the window.

My windows are rounded corners and this mech sits in the bottom middle with a bar on each side, perpendicular or 90 deg to the mech as you say.

I am super grateful as this never would've come up on a regular google. I did find the HEHR site prior but didn't see anything other than new windows and parts.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The 008-220 looks like the one I installed. Strange without looking, my shaft came out at 90 degrees from tube.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to order 2 x Part number: 008-220(center operator): (Handle) 109-028. I noticed the hehr international has the parts as well, so can try them both and see

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, ordered a couple window parts from them.
I replaced one of the torque rods. Drilled out two pop-rivets on one end. Slid right out of other end.
Not sure if mine are the same.
What is part number you ordered?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Rome1, appreciate the confidence if I go with that option. The websites aren't sketchy but they are archaic, look like they were built in the 90s. Even though the site shows the part, you never really know if you'll get it.

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
gbsw378 wrote:
I have a 1993 Class A RV and both rear windows are Hehr Jalousie windows. In both cases, the mechanism, or screw, that opens and closes the window is located in the center bottom of the window. Not the right, not the left, but right in the middle. Due to this, the bar (or pipe) that spins and opens and closes the window, is attached to both sides of the mechanism (or screw). Basically one on each side. The window has rounded corners, which is why I'm guessing it uses a center mech.

So, one of the mechanisms has cracked open. I have temp fixed it with a clamp, but it won't last. I need to replace it and should probably just replace both while I'm at it.

Everywhere I've searched I've only found replacement mechanisms that are either right or left. I've tried searching for double sided, two sided, and center, but no luck. Anyone had any experience with this?

My two windows in the bedroom have the same problem. Currently using small clamps to hold together. I have the replacement crank assembly, but it requires totally removing window, which I'm not up to doing. The clamps have held fine for past 5 years, so I'll live with them
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

gbsw378
Explorer
Explorer
@Dick_B - Perhaps you missed this? "I've tried searching for double sided, two sided, and center, but no luck."

@enblethen - YES!!! Holy heck, you found it!. Not only do they have the mech but they have the handles. So crazy they don't describe with words. Have you ever ordered from them? I'll try sending them an email and see about whether the parts are available. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Got some latches from here!
Hehr Window parts

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dare we assume you have exhausted the Google results of a search?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)