cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windshield gasket for 1999 Holiday Rambler

RVnewbieinIA
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I recently purchased a 1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. This is our first experience with an RV. We're definitely 'newbies'!

I'm trying to find a windshield gasket as the windshield seems to be loose and looks like it could fall out! Does anyone have suggestions on where to find one for such an old model? It's a two part windshield. Has anyone experienced this? Suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I think your housing is fiberglass and won't be rusted out.
Take your rig to an auto glass shop.
Several years ago I took our 96 Southwind to a glass shop because of a small leak around the windshield, it looked like the windshield was loose.
They said the factory did not use enough sealant around the windshield gasket when it was built. They removed, cleaned and reset both windshields using enough sealant with the original gasket.
It has not leaked since the windshields were reset.
An auto glass shop that works on motor homes will know what they're doing.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check to see if it is just a loose dash which is making the windshield appear loose. The front cap should be fiberglass and maybe the steel supports have come loose or there are broken welds.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
auto glass shop, some they can make. but loose? sounds like you might have a rusted out housing.