cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dah Air Conditioning only half working

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Sprinter-based Winnebago View. Right side of dash A/C has cold air, left side only warm air.

Is there a baffle not working or something?
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
4 REPLIES 4

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
2006 and earlier sprinter chassis, which is what a 2007 view is on, has a tiny plastic crank on the door under the hood that selects between fresh and recirculate air. Open the hood, on the passenger side (fan off) poke your fingers into the opening that is the the cabin air inlet. Is the damper loose and flopping? probably. there is not good fix. part is not available. I wired my 07 view in the recirculate position to make the air as cold as possible. I may have owned it for three years, but know it very intimately.

PM me with your phone number, if you are with the RV where I can talk you thru it.

Edit: OK on rereading, I saw your signature, you have an 2008 view, it's the NCV and significantly different than the T1N series like I had...... sorry no help on this.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMO, after 13 years it could very well need a boost of refrigerant . Hot and cold is a symptom.

Ask to verify, if you decide to charge it here is a video to show 'how to' . 2007 Sprinter

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2011_Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter_2500_3.0L_V6_Turbo_Diesel_Standard_Pa...

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably a mixer box stuck.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
don,t take it to a rv dealer. things it could be, hose off ,stuck baffle plate ,,find a good ac shop or a sprinter dealer. this my friend could take some time to find.