cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out Rollers on a 98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Well since we are not going anywhere due to Covid 19 I finally got around to examining the Rollers under out Slide!
As I suspected they were not in great shape this being a rig thatโ€™s Old enough to Vote!

After consulting with the Newmar ....Newpar catalog I determined that the same rollers have been used for several years and that even though we have a 98 model the 99 and up a few years looked likened exactly fitted the size and description, so I phoned them up and ordered 5 New Rollers!

The very friendly Parts Man at Newmar took my order and had them shipped the same day!

Well that was a week ago and the box containing everything I had ordered arrived Today ! No mean feat as I live in Canada on Vancouver Island!

So Since it was after Lunch and a long way till Supper I decided I would remove and Install these myself ! Now Iโ€™m 74 so not the most agile nor am I capable of leaping over tall buildings material!

I applied a little Common Sense and Farmer Logic to the problem!

Using a few scraps of 2X4 and a piece of 2X 6 as a lever I was able after putting the slide about a third of the way out To jack the leading edge up and braced about 5 inches off the interior Floor!

The Rollers are secured to the underside of the slide out floor by two brackets ,called covers by Newmar! These stout Angle brackets are screwed in place with 4 - 1โ€Robertson #2 Screws thatโ€™s a square driver for my American Friends!

Anyway it was necessary for me to remove one end of each roller by removing the screws ! I know that the rollers do have one end that pushes in so that the brackets donโ€™t actually have to be removed but mine were in such terrible shape it was easier to just unscrew the bracket!

I did these one at a time ,because I was by myself ! The first one took about 30 Minutes ,the others were out and in in about 10 minutes each ,so the entire process was a little over 2 Hours of my afternoon!

The Rollers Cost 20.52 each with almost Free Shipping by UPS!

I hat anyone doing this replace all Five Rollers !

Next job The Slide Seal and Top Awning Cover!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
deleted. What do you mean the brackets were in such bad shape????? The spring loaded axles just pop out. Doug