cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North Toledo Bend & South Toledo Bend State Parks Louisiana

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just wondering if anybody has camped at either, or both. I'll be in that area in November, want to spend two nights at one of them. We don't fish, so just looking at hiking, taking in scenery. I have no idea which one is better, thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
I would recommend going over to Natchitoches LA though. Cool old historic town.

I wholeheartedly agree with this recommendation. I will also add that there is one of the nicest RV parks just a few miles north of the city of Natchitoches called "Grand Ecore". It is one of the best laid out campgrounds we have ever stayed in.

Grand Ecore RV Park

Hush yo' mouth! LOL That's our secret spot!
I-49 between Alexandria and Natchitoches has terrible concrete separations. They broke the belts on both my front tires.
The RV park at Colfax Recreation Park is decent, as is Indian Creek Recreation Area near Woodworth.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
I was at South Toledo about a month ago and they were doing a bunch of clearing which has disturbed some of trail areas.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Itโ€™s been a few years but the water pressure at South was crazy. My 100 psi gauge was pegged. Ranger said it was intentional but couldnโ€™t explain why.

Take a pressure reducer.
Larry

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed in South Toledo Bend a couple of times, the most recent in November, 2019. I was in site 15 for $20.01 per night with the senior discount. Somewhat sloped pull through site that required unhooking to level the trailer.

Site 16, May, 2011:

Site 55, November, 2016:

padredw
Nomad
Nomad

I wholeheartedly agree with this recommendation. I will also add that there is one of the nicest RV parks just a few miles north of the city of Natchitoches called "Grand Ecore". It is one of the best laid out campgrounds we have ever stayed in.

Grand Ecore RV Park

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the replies.

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We've been to south. Nice place but bring something to level with.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
That's just up the road from me but I haven't been there.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive