cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitchen and Bathroom fans

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a 2003 Fleetwood Providence that has the Max Air fans in the ceiling fans located in bath room and kitchen ceiling area.(sure older model no remote) Both are not working. They both have fuses located on them. Both fuses are good. There must be a main fuse that supplies power to both. Tried checking the fuses in both areas by the brake peddle and in bedroom area. Boy alot of fuses to check. Can anyone help narrow the search area down for the bad fuse.
Thanks for the help.
12 REPLIES 12

Ed_Manifold
Explorer
Explorer
make sure vent lids are in up position.
Ed & Sharon
2002 Phaeton
2001 Jeep Wrangler Toad

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Did the fans ever work since you bought the motorhome?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Branson N Tucson wrote:
snip/ "Tried checking the fuses in both areas by the brake peddle and in bedroom area. Boy alot of fuses to check. Can anyone help narrow the search area down for the bad fuse.
Thanks for the help.

By checking, do you mean you looked at them or used a meter. A visual can often look good but it's failed. Use a meter for accuracy. Mine will not come on if the vent is not opened. The fact both are not working indicates a faulty wire somewhere so that's a good thing. That is, assuming they worked at some point in time....good luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
check for tripped GFIC outlets. on a previous MH we found we had one in an exterior storage bay so look carefully.

deleted.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem with my fans on my fifth wheel. Turned out to be not a problem at all. Each fan has a wall switch. Looks like a thermostat slider switch. Slider is an on and off switch that operate the fans.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
rk911 wrote:
check for tripped GFIC outlets. on a previous MH we found we had one in an exterior storage bay so look carefully.

Knee jerk response. The Maxx Air's are 12 volt fans. NO GFCI involved.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Are the lids power up and down? If non powered, then check the metal pin switch on TOP the mechanism accessed from on top with the lid open. THAT Pin switch is the GROUND supply for the fan motor. usually you just have to use a 7/16 open end wrench to tighten that pin switch to get a good contac for that ground wire. Doug

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
The fans are 12v, so it's not going to be a GFCI outlet problem. Do you have a light near the fan? Is that light on a wall switch? The previous owner may have used the light power to power the fan also. You just have to work backwards, making sure all the wire nuts are tight. I always tug on both wires, to make sure everything is tight.

well, duhhhh. where was my brain? sorry
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Close to your batteries is a black box (battery control center). There is a circuit board, fuses and relays inside. Maybe one of those fuses control your fans. There is a wiring diagram on the inside of the cover.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Along with what Jdc1 state check for your Volts on the wire nuts or plug.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fans are 12v, so it's not going to be a GFCI outlet problem. Do you have a light near the fan? Is that light on a wall switch? The previous owner may have used the light power to power the fan also. You just have to work backwards, making sure all the wire nuts are tight. I always tug on both wires, to make sure everything is tight.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle