cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda EU generators, BLUETOOTH, FINALLY!

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, this is a long time coming - a Bluetooth app for an all new EU2200i generator

The 2021 EU2200i with Bluetooth

These appear to be new within the last few weeks, all the stores I checked near me are still selling old inventory.
Bob
23 REPLIES 23

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
jdc1 wrote:
Another price increase?

I paid $1099 for this one, which is what the price has been for a while.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
If I ever buy one with the CO detector, I will cut the wires to it.

No need to cut any wires, you can just unplug it. Ask me how I know.

:S
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
jjrbus wrote:
Must be me? Blue tooth, really, why? Electric start with remote would get me in the store!

EU3000i and EU7000is have electric start, and can be started with the BLuetooth App, if you get the ones that are bluetooth capable.

jjrbus wrote:
Was there a gas gauge on that thing?

No. The EU2k / 2.2k has never had a fuel gauge,

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Bobbo wrote:
If I ever buy one with the CO detector, I will cut the wires to it.

No need to cut any wires, you can just unplug it. Ask me how I know.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Must be me? Blue tooth, really, why? Electric start with remote would get me in the store! Was there a gas gauge on that thing?

I would like to hazard a WAG, people that run generators inside are not posting anymore.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
wnjj wrote:
More data is always a good thing and I donโ€™t think it makes anything more likely to break.
I don't recall the bluetooth breaking on anything.

I have to keep reminding myself I can turn on my household oven with my phone.

Shoot almost as good as the toilet and porch light aps

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I ever buy one with the CO detector, I will cut the wires to it. If that won't let the generator run, I will wire nut them together. I, also, don't run a generator inside an enclosed space.
Bobbo and Lin

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
wnjj wrote:

I didnโ€™t see where he switched it in the app, only that it displays the state of the old-school rocker switch. Notice the cut in the video and that he just mentions it showing that itโ€™s on.

You and bobbo are correct, I was easily tricked by the cut in the video. In researching this I ran across something else as an aside which isn't cold, hard fact but kinda-sorta sounds to be true:

- CO detector must be replaced in 10 years or generator won't run
- If CO detector fails, generator won't run
2009 Fleetwood Icon

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
... but the CO monitor, if it shuts down the generator, would be useful for idiots who run generators inside their homes or garages.

Ditto.

There's still people that do it!
and the sticker on the top pointing where the exhaust is, uhhh...over top. I guess you have to place warnings everywhere for the stupid people out there.

Stickers don't bother me, I "debadge" anything that comes with them...generator, camper, etc.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Bobbo wrote:
... but the CO monitor, if it shuts down the generator, would be useful for idiots who run generators inside their homes or garages.

Ditto.

There's still people that do it!
and the sticker on the top pointing where the exhaust is, uhhh...over top. I guess you have to place warnings everywhere for the stupid people out there.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
IMHO the CO meter may NOT be as good as it seems. Yes, if you are running in an enclosed area I'm sure it would shut off or alarm. However if it outside and the exhaust is upwind and the exhaust is pointing towards a building and your close, like outside a door, garage door etc. it's possible that the CO concentration at the meter may be low, but CO buildup in the building could be bad.

It doesn't take much CO to be a killer, especially in lower concentrations with long exposure, like cooped up in a room or worse yet sleeping.

I can see the CO thing making people think they can be careless and it will protect them. it may not

I agree with this. Plus it may false alarm if the generator is nowhere near anyone but sitting in its own CO. Maybe a detachable portable alarm that can be placed near the people?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
road-runner wrote:
wnjj wrote:
I wonder why they didnโ€™t make the ECO switchable from the app.
At 10:58 in the OP's video, eco is switched on from the app. With being able to shut down the generator and change eco from the app, it does seem to me there are more things to break. For instance, a fault in the remote control system could make the generator inoperable.

It looked to me like he stopped recording, went outside to hit the eco switch, came back inside and started recording again.
Bobbo and Lin

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO the CO meter may NOT be as good as it seems. Yes, if you are running in an enclosed area I'm sure it would shut off or alarm. However if it outside and the exhaust is upwind and the exhaust is pointing towards a building and your close, like outside a door, garage door etc. it's possible that the CO concentration at the meter may be low, but CO buildup in the building could be bad.

It doesn't take much CO to be a killer, especially in lower concentrations with long exposure, like cooped up in a room or worse yet sleeping.

I can see the CO thing making people think they can be careless and it will protect them. it may not
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
road-runner wrote:
wnjj wrote:
I wonder why they didnโ€™t make the ECO switchable from the app.
At 10:58 in the OP's video, eco is switched on from the app. With being able to shut down the generator and change eco from the app, it does seem to me there are more things to break. For instance, a fault in the remote control system could make the generator inoperable.

I didnโ€™t see where he switched it in the app, only that it displays the state of the old-school rocker switch. Notice the cut in the video and that he just mentions it showing that itโ€™s on.