cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transmission down shifting

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Jayco precept 35S , we are very happy with it so far , one issue I have is when traveling on smaller hilly roads I have to be cereful when braking on downhill grades as the transmission down shifts leaving me no control up shifting raising the RPMs and then having no control upshifting until it allows . Hope this makes sense. The coach is equiped with Ford V10 and Torqshift transmission . Would appreciate any thoughts
Land-Yacht
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Also seems to me by your description the transmission is working correctly.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
That really doesn't make sense about you having no control. But, it sounds like the transmission is working as designed. It should downshift when you hit the brakes going downhill. If it didn't you would heat up your brakes on a long downgrade. That will raise the RPMs, probably up in the 3,000 or 4,000 range. That is how engine braking works.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing that you have the transmission in the tow/haul mode.
Push the button on the end of the shifter to go back to normal.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson