cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assistance Programs

pulpwood007
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased Coach-Net for years, but have never really had need to use their assistance. My subscription lapsed and when I went to renew the price had gone up substantially. In addition I read many comments on a deterioration of their service.

In addition, I read many negative comments on Good Sam service.

That leaves FMCA. Priced in the middle and comments no better or worse.

I know there have been many threads on this subject over the years, but since these companies change quality frequently, I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts on which might currently be the best value. Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
dryfly wrote:
8ntw8tn wrote:
pulpwood007 wrote:
8ntw8tn wrote:
I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

My research show comments of folks that have recently had bad results with Coach-Net being responsive or not paying the claim. Who knows......could just be their unusual situation. Apparently the company sold a few years ago, and not operating in the same manner.

It's just that I don't get any better overall opinions for the other companies out there.

I'd heard that, too. All I can relate is my experience. My last service request was earlier this summer. I wasn't towing and was close to home when a coupler in my truck transmission line failed and I lost nearly 6 quarts of fluid immediately. I called Coach-Net and they sent out a tow truck and delivered my vehicle to the shop of my choice. As they normally do, the service rep called to make sure the tow truck had arrived and all was well. It was then she informed me that I had the basic coverage and it wasn't supposed to cover my truck unless I was towing. But since she'd discovered it so late in the incident they were going to cover the fees completely; and they did. I decided on my own a couple days later to upgrade my subscription to the premium level. Others may have had a lesser experience, and it's certainly possible that I may in the future. But, so far, I just can't complain about the service I've received from them. Hope this helps.

On the website all they are showing for towables is the Premium package that covers all vehicles, even those that you do not own. Since I did not renew in May, they consider me a new customer and the upcharge is $40 over what it would have been in May. Not a big deal but shows how they value a 10 year customer.

i get it but try asking.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
8ntw8tn wrote:
pulpwood007 wrote:
8ntw8tn wrote:
I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

My research show comments of folks that have recently had bad results with Coach-Net being responsive or not paying the claim. Who knows......could just be their unusual situation. Apparently the company sold a few years ago, and not operating in the same manner.

It's just that I don't get any better overall opinions for the other companies out there.

I'd heard that, too. All I can relate is my experience. My last service request was earlier this summer. I wasn't towing and was close to home when a coupler in my truck transmission line failed and I lost nearly 6 quarts of fluid immediately. I called Coach-Net and they sent out a tow truck and delivered my vehicle to the shop of my choice. As they normally do, the service rep called to make sure the tow truck had arrived and all was well. It was then she informed me that I had the basic coverage and it wasn't supposed to cover my truck unless I was towing. But since she'd discovered it so late in the incident they were going to cover the fees completely; and they did. I decided on my own a couple days later to upgrade my subscription to the premium level. Others may have had a lesser experience, and it's certainly possible that I may in the future. But, so far, I just can't complain about the service I've received from them. Hope this helps.

On the website all they are showing for towables is the Premium package that covers all vehicles, even those that you do not own. Since I did not renew in May, they consider me a new customer and the upcharge is $40 over what it would have been in May. Not a big deal but shows how they value a 10 year customer.

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
pulpwood007 wrote:
8ntw8tn wrote:

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Seon wrote:
I have AAA but I read, AAA is not available in all the states(?).

I had AAA for many years, when I inquired about RV coverage they said it is not available here in PA. AAA has numerous auto clubs and they each have their own rules. I dropped them and went with Coach Net till they jacked up the rates.

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
I have AAA but I read, AAA is not available in all the states(?).

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also went with AAA premium service which covers my RV. I only used them once for a flat tire. The tech had to drive about 100 miles in both directions. I have used AAA for years with our cars. We never had a charge or an issue with coverage except for the time needed to send out a tow truck. Typically that has been less than half an hour which seems forever while you are waiting by the side of the road.

AAA will also respond if you are a passenger in another person's car that has an issue.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
seems they all might have some problems. I,d bet the problem starts with person on the other end of the phone, they don,t care, don,t really KNOW HOW to help you,after all yesterday they were top burger flipper at burger king.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we've had Good Sam ERS since 1986, used them several times with no complaints although the last use i can recall was several years ago.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

pulpwood007
Explorer
Explorer
8ntw8tn wrote:

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have AAA Plus RV - they will tow you up to 100 miles. We recently had to use them and went great. He had to take the rear 2 wheels off our 5th wheel and tow it nose low. Chained up the rear axel, etc. Did a great job, really nice guy. It did take him a while to get to us but we were quite a distance from the town he was coming from. We were actually lucky to even have cell service where we broke down in the ID mountains. Anyway, I've been happy with AAA.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we,ve had coach net for about five years used them three times not a problem. one time it only took them fifteen min and they were there to help.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA and the Escapees RV Club both use SafeRide Motor Club as their ERS provider, and Good Sam uses Allstate Motor Club as their provider. On the other hand Coach-Net is an ERS provider that other companies, such as Ford, contract with as their ERS provider. Your vehicle insurance company may also offer an ERS plan, usually at a lower rate than the independent plans, but with limited benefits. Progressive uses Cross Country Motor Club, and Allstate is obvious, but I don't know who the others use.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate