Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: New RV delivery walk-through
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New RV delivery walk-through

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jodiwer

AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are expecting delivery of our new hybrid RV, a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS, in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do before we take possession? I've read the article at Trailer Life magazine (https://www.trailerlife.com/lifestyle/rv-living/rv-delivery-dos-and-donts/) but wondering if anyone out there has additional wisdom to share.

We plan to follow their suggestion to do a "shakedown trip" right after we take possession. I just happened to stumble across a discussion on how to season the seams on the tent beds. Never would have thought of that. So if you have ideas about what to do AFTER taking possession, I'd appreciate that too.

2019 F150 XLT Ecoboost, 3.5L V6 4x4, Max Towing package
2021 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS hybrid trailer
DH & I are boondockers thanks to our solar panels. Summer with our bicycles & kayak; winter with our skis & snowboards.

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a checklist. Run every system. Crawl underneath and inspect. Check tire manufacture dates. All before you sign anything.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look online for a list to ask learn about. I’d suggest video recording the tech showing you everything.

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to the Forest River Forums, under the Library tab there is a PDI checklist in the Most Popular Files you can download and take with you.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 03:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jodiwer wrote:

We are expecting delivery of our new hybrid RV, a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS, in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do before we take possession? I've read the article at Trailer Life magazine (https://www.trailerlife.com/lifestyle/rv-living/rv-delivery-dos-and-donts/) but wondering if anyone out there has additional wisdom to share.

We plan to follow their suggestion to do a "shakedown trip" right after we take possession. I just happened to stumble across a discussion on how to season the seams on the tent beds. Never would have thought of that. So if you have ideas about what to do AFTER taking possession, I'd appreciate that too.

I sent you a Private Message.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jodiwer

AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the help.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All good answers above + I second a shakedown trip as soon as is convenient. Youll prob catch everything you want to change/fix in a weekend, but i'd make it a week at least so as to start enjoying your new RV.

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

video everything said or shown.great for reference and in case of problems it may save your hide

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I ran into was the fact that even after being shown how to run the TV and radio/DVD/CD/BT, I still can't remember how! Oh, and how to shut off the outside speakers.
Pay close attention to the PDI, and do a shake down trip to figure out the rig.
Retorque the lug nuts, check the hitch set up, do NOT forget a blender, and have fun.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New RV delivery walk-through
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.