Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Poor Sales and Service policies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Poor Sales and Service policies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/20 04:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As with any other chain, a particular location is as good or as bad as it's staff. A lot of locations were already performing poorly as independents or they wouldn't have sold out to CW.
The **** that the manufacturers are putting out and what the "warranty" allows are burdens to owners AND CW.
Businesses are in business to make money, pure and simple. They don't go out of their way to make a customer mad.
I can only speak for 2 CW/Gander locations. Fredericksburg VA (Thornburg) and Raleigh NC (Garner) as far as major dealings go but was impressed by both.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was active duty, the fighter squadrons would have to periodically pull a bird into the hanger for a phase inspection. The in-depth ones would involve pulling all the removable panels off the plane to inspect it internally and to make sure that there were no problems. From time to time, if a jet was in the Phase Dock, and another jet needed a Widget NOW, they would take the widget from the Phase Jet, put it on the other jet, then order the new replacement widget to go on the Phase Jet when it was being put back together.

From the sound of your issue, to me anyway, it sounds as if CW is using some of their trailers as K-BALL (for Cannibalized) trailers. Say they have two trailers like the one you purchased. Someone came in and bought the first one before you, but there were some problems with it. The mechanics go out to the 2nd trailer, remove parts needed, and put them on the 1st trailer...But then don't order the replacement parts to go back on the 2nd trailer.

You come along and buy the 2nd trailer later, and after you start looking, you find stuff missing, broke, etc...You tell them about it, and they say, "Oh, yeah, we'll get right on it and order those things to fix you up." But they never do, because if they are caught K-Balling one trailer to fix another, they will get in trouble from the manufacturer. So they put you off, tell you that things are in the mail, etc...

While this is all speculation on my part, but I know it has to happen...It does in the military Every Single Day. Why should the civilian world be any different.

Just my two cents worth, your mileage may vary, see dealer for details...

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paul Sandra Monro wrote:

So we brought a brand new camper, had to leave it in the shop for almost 3 months... they refused to fix a lot of the jobs to make it brand new I mean spanking new as we brought it thinking it was off the shelf.

We noticed parts where missing broken or not working so we returned it to get fixed they said they would go from top to bottom in the service department to make it right, okay so this is brand new and we had to return it, yet pay the insurance and loan, in this time.

We got a service report of all the fixing they were doing and parts they had to order to make it complete. May times my questions were avoided in have you fixed this or that?
Finally, after almost 3 months of owning this super great brand-new camper that was being repaired fixed or parts replaced we get a message that the camper is ready... all jobs have been done.
We made the appointment to come in and collect, we were running late and rang to say we were 10 minutes behind.

So we went in and the lady said to my wife, sign this, and I will show you what we have done and you can be on your way.
Oh, what a big mistake.
We noticed some jobs were not done and others they said were not covered by warranty? What the missing parts on my camper or broken when you sold it to us is not covered by warranty?

The wallpaper that they said was ordered and replaced was never done, I told her you are making me and yourself look foolish.
They never went from top to bottom to fix it as if it came off the shelf without missing or broken parts.
My radio sound system was not working, the screen door latches still not replaced, gee top to bottom my ass.
The fan in the bathroom does not work, the lights on the awning still not working.
The solar cover you said was replaced, which was missing from the day we purchased it is still not replaced... I was thinking for Fk sake you're pulling the wool over my eyes again, sure it took 3 weeks to authorize one piece of floor stripping for the slide-out.
And the excuses from her mouth kept on coming... then she said well we don't have the part for the solar light cover, I will post it Monday and you can put it on. this never arrived also.
This job and that job is not a warranty issue or not covered by warranty... they sold us a comper not fully functioning and we addressed it, and you were going to make it right, from top to bottom.
The clip broke on the sway bars, and you were going to fix this also, as I was told this can happen and now you want to charge me $130 because you know what I have done, reversing with the level bars? And that is not covered by warranty also even that you installed them?
The excuses have been endless. I wrote to them and did not get a reply as to who authorized the jobs were completed when in fact and some jobs were half done or not at all. I got no reply...Back.

Camping world corporate office contacted me and said they would make it right, I dealt with some woman who started off being helpful on the call then she started playing some brain game solicitor tricks.

Then she told me what happened when your wife was asked to sign the form when she went to comping world to collect the Travel Trailer she signed the jobs was done before she went outside to inspect the jobs they said was done and be on your way.
The penny dropped we were conned and scammed before we knew it. The woman started to preach to me how the camping world has done the jobs because your wife signed it.
She started preaching about when you buy a new or second-hand camper you still need to do fix things. I kept trying to explain that it is a new camper how do I need to fix things that are broken missing or don't work it is a brand-new camper. If the camper that is new is not covered by warranty for the missing parts broken or needed repair before we brought it, and you're telling me I need to pay to fix it, you're telling me I am stupid. And all I said was things that I was told verbally does not count.
I could not continue with this conversation that the camping world refuses to fix the brand-new campers they sell as neglected. So, in short, I hung up on this woman who was not trying to make it right.

BE CAREFUL BUYING FROM CAMPING WORLD DONT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE, BUT NOTE ALSO THEY WILL TELL YOU IT IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY'S OR YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TECHNICIAN TO LOOK AT IT.

OUR BRAND-NEW CAMPER WAS IN TO BE REPAIRED TO ITS BRAND-NEW STATUS BUT THEY LIED THEY REFUSED TO FIX REPLACE BROKEN OR MISSING PARTS. THIS IS WHY THE INDUSTRY IS CORRUPT AS FOR CORPORATE OFFICE TO MAKE IT RIGHT, BE AWARE CORPORATE WORK TO MAKE THEIR BRAND LOOK GOOD AND NOT FOR YOU AS THE CUSTOMER.

MY ADVICE IS TO GO TO ANOTHER REPUTABLE RV DEALER WHO RESPECTS YOUR BUSINESS AND STOPS AT CON JOBS.
BIRMINGHAM, CALERA ALABAMA CAMPING WORLD ARE NOT AS HONEST BRAND YOU WOULD EXPECT.
SO, OUR CAMPER IS NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL AS YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM A BRAND-NEW CAMPER.

Yours Truly,
Paul & Sandra Monro

Had a friend buy from that location, and the camper had an issue with the flush valve when they picked it up, and since they had a trip planned, were told to bring it back in when they got back. Then CW tried to not fix it, so my buddy just started walking up to people looking at campers, and telling them how he was treated. It took about 15 minutes of that for them to change their mind.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/20 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

As with any other chain, a particular location is as good or as bad as it's staff. A lot of locations were already performing poorly as independents or they wouldn't have sold out to CW.
The **** that the manufacturers are putting out and what the "warranty" allows are burdens to owners AND CW.
Businesses are in business to make money, pure and simple. They don't go out of their way to make a customer mad.
I can only speak for 2 CW/Gander locations. Fredericksburg VA (Thornburg) and Raleigh NC (Garner) as far as major dealings go but was impressed by both.

Really? Bought a portable Sat system from CW quit after a couple months Dish says receivers bad. Take it to the same CW I bought it from receipt & papers in hand 1 year warranty several places. CW say nope 30 days on electronics. Call Dish and they are ??? CW is a distributor for us. We will call them. Another trip in to CW to be told Dish called but we are out of stock come back next week. Trip 3 and finally have my replacement. I had wandered the store on the 1st trip po'ed they blew me off and there were sets on the shelf at that time. I checked before I took the dead one to them a two extra trips for nothing.

Splendide washer/dryer stops almost new, Splendide says take to CW. I drop the unit on my way to another state with I'll be back in two weeks. Tow weeks later on my way home I stop. Haven't had a chance to look yet another 3 weeks and I call. We have a part on order, two more weeks, parts not here. ??? I call Splendide and they say that CW has not ordered parts. WE think the main boards bad on yours, we can send it to you if you want to install it. Send it another trip to CW, give me my machine back Splendine say you have no parts ordered. Load it in my truck and head home 300 miles round trip. Couple days and I have a board and working machine.

Blown tire with damage, $1500 est. CW talks to my insurance, gets info and takes pictures of damage for insurance. It's a one day job, good order parts I'll bring it in. I have a $500 deductible you want that now? No. OK order what you need and call me when you have parts I'll bring it down. A month and no call, so I check have my parts got there? No we can't order until we have $$.

Special order a new love seat while they have a sale. We need the money up front, OK I write a check for the full amount. Months so seat. It's being made, it's being shipped (from China) I get the call the seats finally in. I go to P/U and I'm told the price has gone up we wan xx more dollars. BS get me the manager, I explain, show receipts and he tells the part manager to load it. Never should have happened.

That's customer service? Treated right I would have been back and several of my RV friends are the same way, we will wait to have things shipped or buy else where, money they lost. Wonder why I will not step foot in one and I'm sure I am not the only one with issues like this. Two for two beyond poor service in Albuquerque & El Paso.

* This post was edited 12/01/20 09:02pm by Edd505 *

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Poor Sales and Service policies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.