Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Poor Sales and Service policies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Poor Sales and Service policies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
robandlaura

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dear Marcus

You should pose as an undercover boss and investigate some of your camping world locations to find out about their customer service. The salespersons would cheat their grandmother to make a buck. The service personnel treat you like your an idiot that doesn't know **** when you describe to them exactly what the problem is. They act like you are stupid and you don't know what is wrong because they are the "experts" and only they know how to figure out what the problem is.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus knows exactly whats going on.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tyler0215 wrote:

Marcus knows exactly whats going on.

That's because he's the one making the bucks when your screwed with over priced anything Camping World. New people don't know but learn quick, Amazon & internet is your friend. CW is known for non service in their service department.

I have way too many bad CW experiences, buy a love seat, pay in advance, wait 3 months for it to be made, go to pick it up and they want more $$, saying price went up. BS.

Tire damage, $1500 est to fix, they talk to my insurance, get info insurance wants. I have $500 deductible you want it? No we will order parts, call when they are in, it will be a one day job. Couple months go by an no calls so I call them. We can't order parts until they are paid for. [emoticon]

Buy Satellite system works great 3 months, Receiver dies says Dish. Take it back to the same CW with the receipts. Sorry 30 days we won't warranty. Takes Dish to call and say your are retailers, replace the unit it's warrantied 1 year. [emoticon]

I will not go on but you get the idea, I will not set foot in a CW ever again.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Lwiddis

Death Valley NP

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then shop elsewhere. Know any other retailer that lets you vent on their forum?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IDman

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All corporate cultures/practices start at the top!

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

I have to say that I am impressed by that.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus knows. He is the problem. I know three dealers that were bought out by CW after Marcus took over. All have gone to pot on customer service.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/20 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

I do, when on the road I just do an area search for RV parts. Found this little Gem while in Albuquerque on business and yes there is an CW; https://www.actionrv.com/ Have to say I was shocked when he walked to a shelf and handed me the plastic slide for a screen door, I was sure it would be we need to order.

Paul Sandra Monro

Bessemer

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So we brought a brand new camper, had to leave it in the shop for almost 3 months... they refused to fix a lot of the jobs to make it brand new I mean spanking new as we brought it thinking it was off the shelf.

We noticed parts where missing broken or not working so we returned it to get fixed they said they would go from top to bottom in the service department to make it right, okay so this is brand new and we had to return it, yet pay the insurance and loan, in this time.

We got a service report of all the fixing they were doing and parts they had to order to make it complete. May times my questions were avoided in have you fixed this or that?
Finally, after almost 3 months of owning this super great brand-new camper that was being repaired fixed or parts replaced we get a message that the camper is ready... all jobs have been done.
We made the appointment to come in and collect, we were running late and rang to say we were 10 minutes behind.

So we went in and the lady said to my wife, sign this, and I will show you what we have done and you can be on your way.
Oh, what a big mistake.
We noticed some jobs were not done and others they said were not covered by warranty? What the missing parts on my camper or broken when you sold it to us is not covered by warranty?

The wallpaper that they said was ordered and replaced was never done, I told her you are making me and yourself look foolish.
They never went from top to bottom to fix it as if it came off the shelf without missing or broken parts.
My radio sound system was not working, the screen door latches still not replaced, gee top to bottom my ass.
The fan in the bathroom does not work, the lights on the awning still not working.
The solar cover you said was replaced, which was missing from the day we purchased it is still not replaced... I was thinking for Fk sake you're pulling the wool over my eyes again, sure it took 3 weeks to authorize one piece of floor stripping for the slide-out.
And the excuses from her mouth kept on coming... then she said well we don't have the part for the solar light cover, I will post it Monday and you can put it on. this never arrived also.
This job and that job is not a warranty issue or not covered by warranty... they sold us a comper not fully functioning and we addressed it, and you were going to make it right, from top to bottom.
The clip broke on the sway bars, and you were going to fix this also, as I was told this can happen and now you want to charge me $130 because you know what I have done, reversing with the level bars? And that is not covered by warranty also even that you installed them?
The excuses have been endless. I wrote to them and did not get a reply as to who authorized the jobs were completed when in fact and some jobs were half done or not at all. I got no reply...Back.

Camping world corporate office contacted me and said they would make it right, I dealt with some woman who started off being helpful on the call then she started playing some brain game solicitor tricks.

Then she told me what happened when your wife was asked to sign the form when she went to comping world to collect the Travel Trailer she signed the jobs was done before she went outside to inspect the jobs they said was done and be on your way.
The penny dropped we were conned and scammed before we knew it. The woman started to preach to me how the camping world has done the jobs because your wife signed it.
She started preaching about when you buy a new or second-hand camper you still need to do fix things. I kept trying to explain that it is a new camper how do I need to fix things that are broken missing or don't work it is a brand-new camper. If the camper that is new is not covered by warranty for the missing parts broken or needed repair before we brought it, and you're telling me I need to pay to fix it, you're telling me I am stupid. And all I said was things that I was told verbally does not count.
I could not continue with this conversation that the camping world refuses to fix the brand-new campers they sell as neglected. So, in short, I hung up on this woman who was not trying to make it right.

BE CAREFUL BUYING FROM CAMPING WORLD DONT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE, BUT NOTE ALSO THEY WILL TELL YOU IT IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY'S OR YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TECHNICIAN TO LOOK AT IT.

OUR BRAND-NEW CAMPER WAS IN TO BE REPAIRED TO ITS BRAND-NEW STATUS BUT THEY LIED THEY REFUSED TO FIX REPLACE BROKEN OR MISSING PARTS. THIS IS WHY THE INDUSTRY IS CORRUPT AS FOR CORPORATE OFFICE TO MAKE IT RIGHT, BE AWARE CORPORATE WORK TO MAKE THEIR BRAND LOOK GOOD AND NOT FOR YOU AS THE CUSTOMER.

MY ADVICE IS TO GO TO ANOTHER REPUTABLE RV DEALER WHO RESPECTS YOUR BUSINESS AND STOPS AT CON JOBS.
BIRMINGHAM, CALERA ALABAMA CAMPING WORLD ARE NOT AS HONEST BRAND YOU WOULD EXPECT.
SO, OUR CAMPER IS NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL AS YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM A BRAND-NEW CAMPER.

Yours Truly,
Paul & Sandra Monro

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Poor Sales and Service policies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.