cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

converter for lithium

uraberg
Explorer
Explorer
Since my powercenter does not offer a lithium capable converter replacement (WF-8735-p), Is there any reason at all why I couldn't just bypass the existing converter, and leave it in place, while I mount any converter that suits my needs right close to the battery?
6 REPLIES 6

uraberg
Explorer
Explorer
Not an inverter/charger, but I am getting an inverter to run some stuff off battery power. In addition to that, rather than getting something that's billed as a converter, I'm now thinking about just getting an actual lithium charger that I could plug in at home as well.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Consider an inverter/charger?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not bypass. Just turn off.. If there is a breaker marked CONV (or converter) remove the wire from it (Turn off first) or find the power lead to the converter and disconnect it. No need to bypass.

Progressive Dynamics in partnership with one LI battery company has a new wizard controlled model for That particular LI battery.. DO not know how it stacks up for other LI batteries... Have not researched it and will not be unless PCH knocks on my door and I move BACK to the RV life.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

uraberg
Explorer
Explorer
That's what i figured. Thanks.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
No reason at all.