Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A wiring Question for the older Atwood Electric Jacks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> A wiring Question for the older Atwood Electric Jacks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/20 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, I'm in the process of wiring things up on Ms. Merry the Amerigo, and one of the things I did during the install was I moved the electric jack system from the KIT to Ms. Merry.

I've run into a slight snag, though, because its been so many years since I originally did the jacks on the KIT and I didn't bother to take photos of the original wiring I'd done before I tore it apart, I can't remember on the driver's side plug if the wire pair with stripes on it is the main power in connection or the pair without the stripes.

These are the atwood electrics where the controls are on the driver's side jacks, so the front jack for example would have front drivers side and front passenger side controlled from the same jack, same on the rear.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/20 12:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put an ohm meter on one pair of wires while pressing the drivers side jack switch. If you have the main power wires, you should see some resistance (A few ohms) through the motor coil between the pair of wires.

The passenger side wires will only connect the main wires when the passenger side switch is activated so ohming that wire pair should not “see” the motor coil and will look open circuit no matter which way the passenger switch is moved.

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/20 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine '01, strip was incoming. This is left front master (drivers side)
[image]

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/20 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you both [emoticon], now I can complete the wiring on my rear jacks and get the hole in the wall where the plug goes through sealed up [emoticon].

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> A wiring Question for the older Atwood Electric Jacks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.