cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curt Betterweigh

Treinhardt
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried the new product from Curt, Betterweigh? It is supposed to weigh your tow vehicle and trailer based on telemetry from the torque converter. I know it is not perfect, because their claim is for 95% accuracy, but at least it appears to give a better idea for weight distribution and towing. I am interested in it, but I have seen reviews on both sides (good and bad). Just curious if anyone has any experience with it yet.
4 REPLIES 4

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Nope. Only went camping once this season ;(
Campers winterized and covered.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever do the CAT weigh/Curt comparison? The Betterweigh sounds interesting if it really works.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Finally went camping this weekend.
Took measurements going to and leaving from.
Took a near full load of fresh water (244#), firewood (100# or so), food & drinks (10-15# eaten/drinks).
Different location for weighing.
NO CHANGE that I can see on the analog dial. Read 8500# for GCW.
Tongue weight going 695#.
Iโ€™ve got to CAT scale the rig and run the Haul Gauge to compare.
This week Iโ€™ll try to rerun the tongue weight to see how the water makes a difference.
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I have the original Hitch Haul that CURT bought out. Works alright but display is an analog dial vice digital so the tolerances are also affected by your reading of the dial. Pretty much plug and play with the downloaded app for newer vehicles if it is in the library, just enter the VIN. There is also a manual calibration involving stop and go driving and manually entering vehicle weight and your weight for the tongue weighing calibration. I bought it when my TV was a 2008 Ford Explorer and that was not in the library. You have to find a level, straight, empty road to do your start stop calibrations. Between Measurement runs you can change directions.