cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing furnature

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 40' Cameo and the faux furniture is pealing and want to replace it. Anyone replace chairs and couch in their RV with a reasonable good quality unit. The couch bed has only been slept in 1X. Sorry to have to trash it because the fake leather did not hold up. We are looking for 2 recliners and the couch/bed combo if we can.
We are now looking for fabric. ? Microfiber.
20 REPLIES 20

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
Anything made that is marketed specifically for RVs is low grade garbage. Thomas Payne is rolling over in his grave since his good name was associated with LCI lol.
I went.

anbebode
Explorer
Explorer
We have the RecPro 65โ€ Bed RV Loveseat Sleeper Sofa, we love it. It is beautiful, comfortable and functional. I took a few naps on this couch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is the Stanton made in Portland area.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Cameo F35SB3 just replaced our jack-knife sofa with full size sofa bed. Removed rear window to do it easy.

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same problem with the furniture in our Solitude. We opted to replace it with cloth furniture. One day we decided to just go to every furniture store until we found something we liked and that would fit in the trailer 28 inch wide door. It took some time, but we found both recliners and the best ever hide-a-bed couch at Slumberland. We have no attachment what so ever with Slumberland, but enjoy their furniture. We are very happy with that decision. Hope you have similar luck.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
We need to replace our "Thomas Pain" furniture. Researching new furniture it appears size, weight, ability to get it in the fiver, plus is the present furniture bolted to the floor? Sure measure every which way first and look for bolts to the floor. Dealer states many of his customers go to Lazyboy and have it delivered to the dealership and they will replace. I am sure any furniture store would deliver to the dealership. Sure this costs but not rich but have more money than physical ability to do it ourselves. Didn't get into RVing thinking it doesn't cost to do it!!
Any thoughts on any of this from you that have replaced the junk.
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are purchasing from Lambright Comfort Chairs. Sent us a brochure and samples. Got a large roll ahead of time to redo the material on our head board. Looks great. They are backed up on orders and we won't be getting it until February. Not the cheapest, but seems to be quality.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Contact Ryan Mack in Sales @ Key Home Furnishings, they own Stanton. 503-598-9948 Good guy, he can get you to their website, lot's of sizes and styles.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced my peeling furniture with Stanton that is made in Portland, OR. Good quality and good pricing. Ordered theater seating and couch/hide a bed while in CA and stopped right along the freeway and installed in their parking lot.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
joelc wrote:
Can anyone give me brand names and or models or stores or web sites they bought from.
We got Lazy boy on the recliners and Flexsteel on the loveseat. They were bought from Nebraska Furniture Mart in KC (NFM). They have at least one other location in our area and may be others around the country. The backs come off both brands for easy moving and both are zero clearance.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We purchased a Lafer recliner chair from Brad & Hall about 10 years ago and it is very comfortable to both sit and sleep in. It is also very compact so it doesn't take all the room in the RV. Kind of pricy but well worth the cost in my opinion.

We also replaced the uncomfortable sofa/bed in our trailer with a wall hugger, reclining, leather sofa from Costco. They have them on sale now and then and are of good quality. We have no need anymore for a 2nd bed in our trailer as all our kids are grown. Any overnight guests will be very comfortable in the reclining sofa.

We also have two Stressless recliners in our sticks and bricks home that we have had since 2003. They also are very comfortable for both sitting an sleeping and are also pricy. We purchased them from a company in Tampa, Florida, while snowbirding down there, called Florida Leather Gallery.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can anyone give me brand names and or models or stores or web sites they bought from.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
salem wrote:
We've been looking for two chairs to replace our current ones for the last three years or so. Like one poster said, it has to fit thru the door. We've given up. Took our two chairs to an upholstery shop today to have them re cushioned. A lot cheaper than new ones.
Different parts of the country must have different furniture available. The last 2 5th wheels we have replaced furniture in and had no problem getting furniture thru the door. You may have to remove the backs which is very easy or rotate thru the doorway with the item on it's side. The sofa sleepers I've had to go vertical with and rotate it out the door. We've done recliners very easy ( by myself) and electric reclining leather loveseats that were zero clearance recliners with a neighbor's help. The furniture went thru the door when it went in so I always figure it will go out and new will go in if it is close to the same size. We like the added quality of regular house furniture.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
RecPro has an extensive line of RV furniture and a decent reputation:

RecPro

We removed our sleeper sofas (in previous fifth wheel and current one) and replaced them with two Ekornes Stressless recliners (pricey, but the only chairs my back will tolerate). We find RV sleeper-sofas to be extremely uncomfortable for either sitting or sitting.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015