cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAllen Texas to Zihuatanejo

Talleyho69
He'll be pulling a trailer from McAllen Texas to Zihuatanejo Mexico.

Hoping for a three day drive, the plan is to have all the paperwork done in advance on line, and spending the first night in Matehuala at Las Palmas.

So the information requested is suggested routes and a good place to spend the second night.

Any help here??? Moderator
3 REPLIES 3

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The reason for going through Toluca?

I like Balneario San Ramon, when we stop there we get really good tacos delivered for dinner and have breakfast at the balneario next morning plus we go swiming in the hot pool, of course you can go any road that you choose.

navegator

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Muchas gracias navegator.

I am pulling my 16ft cargo trailer with "La Bestia"

Planning to stay at Las Palmas the first night. Then Patzcuaro the 2nd night.

I was considering taking Hwy 37/77 just south of SLP to Silao then down down 45D to 43D south. Why would you go all the way to Toluca?

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
After the Anzalduas bridge was opened we crossed there in order not to go through Reynosa, we normally stayed at a place close to the bridge in Mission, the Bluebonnet RV Park, cross the bridge and on to Saltillo the first night where we stayed at the Hotel Imperial and then the second night in Matehuala, third night in San Miguel de Allende and finally in to Mexico City.

I would go as far as San Miguel and trough Toluca to Zihuatanejo, I do not know the size of the RV or trailer, the place that we stayed in Saltillo at the Hotel Imperial they have an area for RV's but they have a barrier that swings up, our RV is low enough to pass under, in Matehuala we stayed at the Las Palmas Midway Inn, they have RV parking also, in San Miguel we stayed at the Balneario San Ramon on the outskirts of town.

I hope this helps a little

navegator