cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping experiences

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
3 days at one of our favorite places. Arrived at 2 but check in is 4. Never been an issue but there was a tent on our spot so we killed time for 1.5 hours. They had packed up, but not loaded & ready to leave yet. We drove by & I could see there was fighting between them. We found a place to wait & 4:15 we talked to office. He said theyโ€™ve been reported for disturbance during night & sheriffโ€™s coming. They were removed & I heard theyโ€™ll not be allowed back since itโ€™s not first time. Now Iโ€™m hoping they donโ€™t show up & make trouble for us.

Caretakers were called in to clean up garbage they left. I asked if they would wash up the aluminum picnic table & they scoured it up good. Made me feel better.

Next day I went to restroom & when I closed stall door, one hinge broke & door came down on me so Iโ€™m alone & trying to lean it on a wall, then 2nd hinge broke so I could at least set it aside. These are almost new partitions but hinges appeared to be ....plastic.
11 REPLIES 11

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago we were in a campground where a naked woman was running around the campground. When they caught her she was asked to leave and not permitted to come back.. Many of the men were disappointed because they didnโ€™t see her.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
oh the stories... taking a swing at the the campground owner... of the couple that had a physical fight so bad she had physical bruises, but the whole story so questionable, both are permanently banned, or the swinger that quite literally fell into a fire pit in an attempt to impress someone, not sure who, that he had to be yanked from the fire and put out.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I had problems with a dog barking all night at an RV park in Elk City OK. The dog was tied to the fiver and left out all night while the occupants left in their tow vehicle for a few days. Evidently, a neighbor looked after the dogs while they were away. One night I couldn't take it any more and called the police since I couldn't contact the manager. A day or so later my noisy neighbors were gone.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Playing devils advocate here, give them a bit of time , you dont know there situation. I get thats ots disrutive to your vacation, bit sometimes stuff happens.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
I read that multiple times and cannot see how you think the sheriff never showed up. Perps were removed. By who is not stated, but maybe the sheriff provided motivation?

Anyway, seems like the OP handled it all very properly.

To clarify - sheriff came, even ran siren for a bit as he approached, presumably to get their attention. He moved them along.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I read that multiple times and cannot see how you think the sheriff never showed up. Perps were removed. By who is not stated, but maybe the sheriff provided motivation?

Anyway, seems like the OP handled it all very properly.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
IDman wrote:
You say they were reported for disturbance during the night but at 4:15 pm they were still there. What did the CG mgr. say about the lack of response by the sheriff's office? I hope you don't ever have an emergency there!!

It was not a life threatening emergency.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Our most memorable camping experience was many years ago: I had been told by a friend of a great campground where their church group had camped. What we didn't know until we got there with OUR extended family, was that the campground had been taken over by a group who dubbed it "Cannabis Camp". The good news: there were no fights, everyone was wonderfully-friendly; and we had live music all day long ๐Ÿ™‚ The bad news: any maintenance that needed to be done had been neglected, like replacing the water heater for the ladies' shower; or removing the massive wasp nest from a common pavilion.

Best moment: our 5 yr old granddaughter said "Mom, why are so many people wearing shirts with leaves on them?" and our daughter never missed a beat: "They're Canadian, honey" (my apologies to our northern neighbors, but at age 5, a leaf is a leaf)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
You say they were reported for disturbance during the night but at 4:15 pm they were still there. What did the CG mgr. say about the lack of response by the sheriff's office? I hope you don't ever have an emergency there!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
hokeypokey wrote:
These are almost new partitions but hinges appeared to be ....plastic.

Just when you think they can't make stuff any cheaper... :S

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me, I'd avoid those high end resorts in the future... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate