cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Chart For Continental Tires

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't seem to find a psi chart for Continental tires. Anyone on here that can steer me to one.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am
15 REPLIES 15

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay Folks, got a good Continental tire chart and after loading up the old RV I will get the front and back weighed and then hit the chart for the correct PSI.

Thanks everyone for the help and comments.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
SGTJOE wrote:
I can't seem to find a psi chart for Continental tires. Anyone on here that can steer me to one.

Continental 2020 Product Data Guide, Commercial Vehicle Tires

The link is to a 112 page PDF Continental published. Lot of info while the pressure tables start of page 98.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please note that the Continental chart and the Toyo Chart are the same - and they came from the Tire and Rim Yearbook.

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.toyotires.com/media/1475/rv_inflation_tables.pdf

Here is the Toyo chart.

https://blobs.continental-tires.com/www8/servlet/blob/912082/faa60148e1ae1092bd367a29287a88a5/continental-air-pressure-table-data.pdf
And here is the Continental chart
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
Found Roger Marbles ( Tireman 9) site with link to Continental
https://www.rvtiresafety.net/2015/04/links-to-load-inflation-tables.html?m=1

Downloaded it myself , and your tire most likely can be found there.
The Continental list is for the European market, so bar and converted to psi, but usefull.

And in the lower pressures lower loadcapacity's then the American lists.
That is because of the formula used to calculate the loadcapacity's

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
William B wrote:
Okay perhaps it is the speed difference, but nonetheless SGTJoe's post that all of the same size tires have the same load table is wrong. Find the table for your size and model and use that.

I didn't say that, I am looking for a Continental tire table. Here is what I posted--I can't seem to find a psi chart for Continental tires. Anyone on here that can steer me to one.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
William B wrote:
CapriRacer wrote:
SGTJOE wrote:

Sorry, but Tire Load Tables are NOT specific to a brand of tires. They are published by tire standardizing organizations such The Tire and Rim Association (US based) and are the same regardless of the manufacturer. You can sometimes find portions of those tables published by tire manufacturers, but those are only reproductions of what the standardizing body published.

So to answer your question: ANY table will work. Just make sure the table you use is appropriate to the application. There will be difference based on what kind of vehicle and the intended service.

Then why do two different Michelin tires of the same size 295/80R22.5, the ZXA2 and the H Coach have different load tables, and why do my Toyo's of the same size have yet again different tables? Maybe that works for car tires, but it doesn't work for large truck/RV tires

Because Michelin - in their infinite wisdom - didn't tell you that they modified the tables according to the service (in particular speed). Figures that Michelin would complicate something that is supposed to be simple! (Jadatis has a post above this one that explains in more detail.)

As far as Toyo is concerned - I couldn't find a load table on the internet for any of their 295/80R22.5's. Do you have a link?

CapriRacer

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Okay perhaps it is the speed difference, but nonetheless SGTJoe's post that all of the same size tires have the same load table is wrong. Find the table for your size and model and use that.
Full timing since 2004

Our Blog

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
Its because the one is calculated in maximum load for another speed ten the other. Rv tires mostly for 81 ( 130) or 87 mph ( 140 kmph), and the X Coach for only 75 mph (120kmph)
Car tires are always calculated in maximum load for 99mph( 160 kmph).

MICHELIN XZA2 7830 lbs AT 120 psi is Loadindex 152 AT 8.3 bar
X-coach 8270 lbs AT 123 psi is loadindex 154 AT 8.5 bar
X multiway 7830lbs AT 123 psi, is LI 152 AT 8.5 bar.
So even 3 tires I saw on the Michelin site in the sise 295/80R22.5

Can also be that the first and third are for 75mph(120 kmph) and the second for 68 mph( 110kphmph). For those tires they dont give maximum speed of tire on the site.

3th list highest gives for 120 psi lower ,because the chose maxload AT 123 psi. And first gives full 7830 at 120 psi.

In case of daubt always use the list that leads to higher pressure. Better to high , to low can give ireversible tire-damage, to high only discomfort and lesser gripp.

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
CapriRacer wrote:
SGTJOE wrote:

Sorry, but Tire Load Tables are NOT specific to a brand of tires. They are published by tire standardizing organizations such The Tire and Rim Association (US based) and are the same regardless of the manufacturer. You can sometimes find portions of those tables published by tire manufacturers, but those are only reproductions of what the standardizing body published.

So to answer your question: ANY table will work. Just make sure the table you use is appropriate to the application. There will be difference based on what kind of vehicle and the intended service.

Then why do two different Michelin tires of the same size 295/80R22.5, the ZXA2 and the H Coach have different load tables, and why do my Toyo's of the same size have yet again different tables? Maybe that works for car tires, but it doesn't work for large truck/RV tires
Full timing since 2004

Our Blog

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
My made pressure/loadcapacity lists

Made my own pressure/ loadcapacity list, and placed them on my onedrive.
You can choose per tire /axle single/axle dual given, so you dont need to devide by the number of tires on the axle.

Made with my determined extra save formula, wich gives higher pressures then the official lists.

Beforelooking up the weight , first add 10% for reserve to the accurate determined load in use.
Determining the weights is the most tricky part in it all.

Need to search on sidewall for 3 things.
1.maximum load or loadindex ( fi 123/120 then 123 for Single load so 2 tires and rimms on the axle and 120 Dual load so 4 tires on rimm on the axle)
2, Loadrange or plyrating to determine the pressure behind AT, is called reference-pressure
3. Less important speedcode, to determine the speed for wich the maximum load is calculated.

Or give it all here, and I will calculate for you, and will give a full report.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
CapriRacer wrote:

Like this one,it has many sizes,just scroll thru and find what you need.

Tire Inflation Chart
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
SGTJOE wrote:

CapriRacer

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Here? PSI Chart
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad