cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Wiper Blades

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I read in the pass on this site, that some people have brought 28" wiper blades at much lower cost than the 32" blades...if this is correct where did you get the blades at?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
13 REPLIES 13

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
O'Reillys in Kingman Az had 32" blades. A whole lot of RVs in the area though.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
Why would anyone want to go with a smaller wiper blade and reduce their visibility just to save a few bucks?
Seems foolish to me...

On a 60" windshield measuring from top to bottom 4" is not going to affect an visibility..thanks for asking

Because those large blades are near impossible to find in the local store. The largest ones that still provide a large viewing area are available just about everywhere!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
TruVision makes 32 inch wiper blades with large J hook. I buy them from different sources depending where I am when needed.

Google TruVision 32 inch wiper blades.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
The problem I am having is that the wiper arm "J" hook for the 32" wiper blade is to big to fit in the slot for a 28" wiper blade.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a hard time finding wiper blades for my Fleetwood Expedition the head are held on by 2 screws. I ended up buying some refills off ebay but I would really like to get some better blades. The other issue is the washer nozzles are on the wiper arm.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Bosch I think. I bought a pair at O'Reily's 28 inch.Polymer coated to protect from UVetc. $68.00with Mil discount.I hope they are worth it.Bosch also adapters to get rid of the old bolt on wiper assys,finally, and put on j hook easily replaccd whole assy.$19.00 internet.

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
My MH had the large "J" hook on the arm, blades were $45 bucks each. These blades with the large frames would lift off the glass in high winds. So I went to the junk yard and got some arms off a ford pickup. Cut the last 3" off these and the MH arms. Welded the smaller "J" hook to the larger arm. Now I buy frame less blades for $10 at wally world.
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
IB853347201 wrote:
Why would anyone want to go with a smaller wiper blade and reduce their visibility just to save a few bucks?
Seems foolish to me...

On a 60" windshield measuring from top to bottom 4" is not going to affect an visibility..thanks for asking
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Trico Wiper Blades
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Seems foolish to me...
2010 Suncruiser

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
In a pinch...at...an auto parts store.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart and Amazon has them too.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Costco always has them at a good price.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew