cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flashing rope light

scotty46
Explorer
Explorer
On a recent camping trip, we saw a rope light that was basically blue but had intermittent flashing white lights. Gave it a sparkling effect. Was not able to touch base with the owner of the trailer. Has anyone else seen such an animated light and where did they get it and what was in named/called?
23 REPLIES 23

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
When we camp out here in Az a lot of people have lites that are under their vehicle and trailer. Mostly in State parks. The reason why they have the lites on is cause the Pack Rats will eat the wiring in the engine bay and under the trailer. My friend had Pack Rats ate some wiring under his hood that went to his coil and made his truck run super bad. Cost him a pretty penny to get it fixed.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
LVJJJ wrote:
Grumpy here, my Leisure Suit was electric Blue and it would still fit. Hate those new LED's on front of some of the newer trailers, didn't think I'd get to camp amid searchlights. Dark skies pleaze.

Why do some idiots think I want to listen to their music? I'm a bass player and sometimes I'm tempted to bring my bass and 4 amps and turn them up to 10, that'll fix'em. I'll turn mine off if you'll turn yourn off.

We unloaded our 2020 earlier in the year due to build issues so not much camping this season but we did meet up with my brother at a western MD state park a few weeks back, and stayed with him. The number of new covid campers was astronomical and most had to have every light they could come up with on all night. Music was blaring all over the campground during the day, thankfully the Rangers walked around and shut people down come 9 PM. It was not pleasant by any measure. We were sandwiched in between hillbilly music and heavy metal.

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpy here, my Leisure Suit was electric Blue and it would still fit. Hate those new LED's on front of some of the newer trailers, didn't think I'd get to camp amid searchlights. Dark skies pleaze.

Why do some idiots think I want to listen to their music? I'm a bass player and sometimes I'm tempted to bring my bass and 4 amps and turn them up to 10, that'll fix'em. I'll turn mine off if you'll turn yourn off.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
One of the sad occasions was when Beaker street was replaced by disco. Anyone remember the AM station out of Little Rock KAAY? From 1966 to 1972

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Certainly better than a spinning glass disco ball with very bright colored spot lights throwing sparkles thru the trees in every camp site around. Yeah, saw that at a state park in Arkansas. :S

Ooooh, I want one and some of them sparkely rope lights.
I think I've got some strobe lights left over from Halloween:W

Cool, I think i still have the Saturday Night Fever sound track somewhere.

But, do you still have you White Leisure Suit and platform shoes ??
If they actually did do you think it would still fit?

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
mobeewan wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Certainly better than a spinning glass disco ball with very bright colored spot lights throwing sparkles thru the trees in every camp site around. Yeah, saw that at a state park in Arkansas. :S

But, do you still have you White Leisure Suit and platform shoes ??

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
BB_TX wrote:

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lol, love the grumpy ole men responses!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:
BB_TX wrote:

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you can find them on Amazon.
I have the strip lights that stick under the awning track at the RV. I also have the same set under the RV. Gives it a nice soft glow. I can set them to flash, fade, scroll and just glow differ t colors ant any brightness I want.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
And once again, a very specific thread digresses....
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
#1Flyboy wrote:
Yeah, them strobes & flashing lights are really gonna be helpful to others.... Itโ€™s all about me; not you..,

Works both ways...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie