cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1994 holiday rambler 38 cummins no fuel

Bradmonfort1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all 🙂 I just acquired a 1994 holiday rambler 38 that has been sitting for 5+ years. I drained all the diesel out and added 30 gallons of fresh fuel. No fuel to the 12 valve Cummins. I changed out the lift pump and still nothing getting to the injection pump. Do these come with an electric fuel pump as well to help with the lift pump?
6 REPLIES 6

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’m pretty sure a 94 Cummins does not have an electric lift pump...fill the fuel filters with fuel when changing to decrease the amount of air in the system. A common problem is the 12V solenoid that pulls the lever turning on the fuel gets weak... you can help it by pulling on the lever.

I would loosen the fuel lines at the injectors (3/4 wrench) and then over heat your starter cranking on it OR put a gas soaked rag over the air intake to get the engine to run on the gas. Takes awhile cranking to get the gas from the intake to the engine. Once you get fuel coming out of the loosen lines, tighten and start it normally.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

MrWizard
Our previous MH 95 Safari with Cummins
Had two fuel filters
One in the external service Bay
And one at the engine
Have you replaced the fuel filter/filters
Every though you changed fuel,
The filters could have clogged from alage residue in tank

I ran out of fuel one time
External filter had to be filled with fuel
Before engine could start,
When changing filter, it should be filled before installing
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about Cummins but my Cat’s stop solenoid actually dumped the fuel into
the return. So when it stuck on it appeared to be a no fuel issue.
And it was, just not delivering fuel to the pump.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Can you hear the lift pump running? it should run for 30 seconds after the key is turned on.

if the lift pump is running, crack the line near the fuel filter, see if fuel comes out.

open the fuel line to the tank, see if fuel can be supplied.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
don,t start throwing money at it, it won,t help ,start at the tank follow fuel line an 12v line to each item, check it out, move on to the next item. till you find the problem. p.s pull fuse ,clean it, could just be corroded.

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked the fuel shutoff solenoid is getting 12 volts