Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help replacing pendant light globe

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

Got home from a weekend trip today and found smashed glass all over the floor. One of the pendant lights over our kitchen island came loose from it's mount and was swinging. Must have hit the other or hit the refrigerator. I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the broken globe. The light still works, and all that happened was a nut and bolt worked themselves loose. As you can see in the picture I removed the entire fixture from the ceiling to see if it would make it easier. Tried holding and turning multiple pieces to see if it would unscrew but can't figure it out. Any thoughts? Also any thoughts on where to buy a matching globe? Posted a second picture of the good light just so you can see how it looks intact. Thanks!!!
6 REPLIES 6

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:
Take the intact shade to a lamp fixture store
And get two new matching shades that will fit your fixtures
I doulbt you will be able to find the exact matching duplicate replacement

MrWizard beat me to it. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

MrWizard
Take the intact shade to a lamp fixture store
And get two new matching shades that will fit your fixtures
I doulbt you will be able to find the exact matching duplicate replacement
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try pawing around here,https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Gustafson-Lighting/277-000430.html
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, so I figured out how to get the broken shade off. Pretty simple once I figured it out. Remounted the fixture itself and tested to be sure it still works, which it does. Now I just need help finding a matching shade. Anyone have any clue what brand these lights might be? I would think they are more of an RV specific thing because they are 12v but I don't know. Digging as much as I can on the web so if you guys happen to find it please let me know.

Thanks again!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
My thought is something like that has no place in a moving vehicle.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a ring/nut inside surrounding the bulb holder that holds the shade to the fitter? That's a very common way of attaching pendant shades.