cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof spots

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer

I just bought a new coachman Apex 300. We have had it about a month now and I noticed some spots on the roof that look like little rust spots and they do not clean off. Its does not look like typical stain marks from leaves and sticks etc.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds
11 REPLIES 11

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
Shavings from the drill bit going thru the steel frame when installing the the fan maybe?

Good call never thought about that.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shavings from the drill bit going thru the steel frame when installing the the fan maybe?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Jayco25E wrote:
MFL wrote:
Looks like fertilizer stains. Are you using aircraft for fertilizing your lawn, or pushing the fertilizer cart at high speed? It looks like they did a nice caulk job around that roof vent! I would not worry too much about roof stains, or even keeping it super clean.

Jerry

No aircraft fertilizing that I know of. Yes I had them install a fantastic fan and they did a great job with caulking.

Thanks

The fan installers may have made the marks with tools, parts, whatever, since right next to fan. Maybe even fertilizer on their shoes?

Jerry

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
If you are thinking it is rust from nails/staples underneath, fear not. It isn't. Just wear darker sunglasses next time you go up there and they won't be as noticeable.

LOL thanks. That was my fear something to do with the nails/staples. Thanks for the feedback. The problem is I already saw the marks so even with sunglasses the next time I know they are there. LOL
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Looks like fertilizer stains. Are you using aircraft for fertilizing your lawn, or pushing the fertilizer cart at high speed? It looks like they did a nice caulk job around that roof vent! I would not worry too much about roof stains, or even keeping it super clean.

Jerry

No aircraft fertilizing that I know of. Yes I had them install a fantastic fan and they did a great job with caulking.

Thanks
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
If your rig was transported by rail, they could be iron ore deposits. I had that on a white car I bought years ago. It was traced back to debris on the train landing on the car and then rusting while in transit.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Use some Heng's...you won't see them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Just wear darker sunglasses next time you go up there and they won't be as noticeable.

My kind of repair. :C

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are thinking it is rust from nails/staples underneath, fear not. It isn't. Just wear darker sunglasses next time you go up there and they won't be as noticeable.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Is your rig parked outside without a cover?
Is it near any trees?