cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon coast to I-5 south?

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey all, what would be the best route to take from Lincoln City over to I-5 south? We're towing a travel trailer and aren't scared of back roads, but do have to make an easy trip if possible.
Thanks........
7 REPLIES 7

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was going to suggest a route through Tillamook to stop at the ice cream and cheese mothership but it looks a bit out of your way to the north.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Just about any Oregon State routes from the coast a doable trip. The Only exception is Hy 36 between Mapleton and Junction City. It can de done but you will be worn out when you finish.

What is your destination going south? There is some California routes that would be fine too. Don't take CA 36 between Fortuna and Red Bluff.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. At this time, we might head south on 101 to Reedsport, but if the weather turns bad, we will take 18 to I-5.
Can't wait to grab a bowl of chowder and some fish & chips.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Hey all, what would be the best route to take from Lincoln City over to I-5 south? We're towing a travel trailer and aren't scared of back roads, but do have to make an easy trip if possible.
Thanks........

East on 18 just north of Lincoln City to hwy 99. Go south on 99 to Corvallis and the east on 34 to I-5. This way is much safer then going into Salem. We travel this route many times towing our 42Ft fifth wheel. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Or if you want to see more of the beautiful coast, drive down to Reedsport and take 38 then 138 to I-5 south.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ed_Gee wrote:
I would think 18, just north of Lincoln City would be the easiest route......east to 22 and on through Salem where it hits I-5.

That or go south on 101 to Newport and east on Hwy 20 to Corvallis, both are good roads.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
I would think 18, just north of Lincoln City would be the easiest route......east to 22 and on through Salem where it hits I-5.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad