cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodbye Jeep

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our new C, I sought out a Jeep Wrangler for a toad. Found a nice clean 2000 Wrangler, and I personally set it up with Invisibrake and a Curt tow bar to the steel front bumper. All worked great, and was a great vehicle to drive at our campsite / final destination.

However, with being laid off a big chunk of this year, and a daughter starting college, etc etc, I opted to sell the Wrangler and thankfully found an RV'er who needed it. All worked out great.

We owed nothing on the Wrangler, but it freed up a huge chunk of $$$ for other things. We take 1, maybe 2, big trips a year for a total of 2 or 3 weeks a year. Otherwise, we camp local and don't need the toad. So, our new plan is wife drives behind. And, one less vehicle to insure, etc. I didn't drive the Jeep other than when we camped, on a bit trip that is.

So, in about 5 years or so, I'll seek out another dinghy as my wife and I plan to do a lot more camping as we near retirement age.
2 REPLIES 2

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We use a dolly. Had it maybe 10 years and tow everything on it. No insurance, tags, etc. canโ€™t beat it.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
I know you're in the save money mode, but you might consider a dolly for your car. They can be had used fairly inexpensively and even new, some are not that spendy. That way your wife could ride with you and you wouldn't have to own a car just to tow.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar