Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVComfort.zc issue

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
2 zones, zone 1 front, zone 2 rear.
77.9 degrees outside, zone one set to gas heat. Stat showing 74 deg. Set to 68.
I will hear stat click, furnace fan starts up then click furnace fan shuts down. So, basically the furnace fan runs for about 2 seconds. No set frequency to this issue. Might do it two or three times during the day, might not do it for a week or longer.
Nothing earth shattering, more of a nuisance. Not going to drop 180.00 on the upgraded stat. Just thought I'd bring this issue up. Been going on for years.

Anybody having same issue?
Thanks
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
11 REPLIES 11

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
allbrandauto wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
RVP has never found a solution for the 00 problem. They have installed filters and other redesigns, but never found a sure cure. This is one reason Tiffin dropped the ZC in their Motorhomes and went
to each roof unit having its own wall tstat. Doug
so how do I replace with duel thermostats I have a auto repair shop and very familiar with 12 volt wiring

Problem is you have to replace each TOP RVP control module and then hope that there are enough tstat wires to control 2 tstats. You can mount the 2 new tstats next to each other because the Temp sensors are installed both front and rear. Any possible extra wiring can be run thru the ceiling ductwork.You need to call RVP and see if the existing roof top control modules will work with the new separate tstats.Doug

here is the install and wiring manual for the ZC tstat system

http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/8330b331_8330b335_thermostat.pdf

this is the replacement tstat

https://liferebooted.net/life-rebooted-rv-files/owners-manuals/RVP%208530%20Thermostat%20Guide.pdf

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
RVP has never found a solution for the 00 problem. They have installed filters and other redesigns, but never found a sure cure. This is one reason Tiffin dropped the ZC in their Motorhomes and went
so how do I replace with duel thermostats I have a auto repair shop and very familiar with 12 volt wiring

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Just can't figure it out. Im familiar with the 5 degree separation. Some mornings I want to use HP only and have to make sure I don't go over the 5 deg. set point.

I wish I could replace with a smart thermostat but know that such a stat does not exist.

Also have an Onan Energy Command 30 that ocasionally likes to prime the genset when NOT set to Auto but that's another post.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
allbrandauto wrote:
I have a zc thermostat will do the same thing I have all led lights will be fine for along time then gets 00 code don't know what to do to fix it change thermostat same thing will be fine for a year than will have problem and than go away

Really can't fix the problem without extensive check out of the 12 volt system and components in the RV. The quickest fix when 00 is to pop the cover off the tstat and pull the glass fuse for 10 seconds. Doug

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions Doug. Will try your suggestions. We are fortunate to have you on this forum!
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Even tho you state you ARE selecting Gas heat, is it possible you are possibly selecting HP on 1 zone? The RVP system has a 5 degree separation when on HP. If you have it on HP mode(either zone) it will revert to Furnace IF THE TEMP SELECT IS MORE THAN 5 DEGREES. So, 74 on stat. You select 68, the furnace clicks which it should NOT. But the 68 is out of the 5 degree and will cause furnace operation. BUT your setting is calling for HEAT, NOT COLD. I could see a possible conflict if it was 68 in the RV and you set for 74. So, I have another question. You select GAS Heat. The interior of the RV per the Tstat is 74. You are setting the Furnace at 68 because you want to make sure the RV, NEVER gets below 68 degrees? But the furnace still clicks? I would take a can of compressed air and blow out the wall tstat circuit board. Also, loosen the remote temp thermisters in the ceiling/wall mount screws. Doug

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
I have a zc thermostat will do the same thing I have all led lights will be fine for along time then gets 00 code don't know what to do to fix it change thermostat same thing will be fine for a year than will have problem and than go away

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, Yes, heat pumps, Airxcel's.
No fluorescent lights, upgraded early on to LED.
Thanks
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Any flourescent lights in close proximity? Had a customer having similar issues several years ago. Replaced thermostat but problems continued. Problems stopped when a flourescent light near the t-stat was turned off. The ballast was apparently putting out excessive rf interference. It was also a fleetwood motorhome close to your year model so you may have similar fixtures in the ceiling. Hope this helps.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have Heat Pumps also? Doug