Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Not getting 115v
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 1993 fleetwood coranado class a suddenly will not give me 115v anywhere. When plugged in or even when the generator is running, i have no voltage anywhere. Ive reset all the breakers above the fridge, which are the only 115v breakers im aware of. Im looking for some suggestions on where to start before i start cutting open cabinets.

1993 fleetwood coronado 30’ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

do you have a transfer switch. If so give it a rap with power on and see if it works. You should hear s hum if its working.

You state no voltage anywhere. Does that mean no light as in 12 volts either. Do you have a switch at the door that turns off all power to the RV. Sometimes call a Salesman switch.

* This post was edited 09/29/20 09:31pm by MountainAir05 *

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have to have a curcuit breaker. panel somewhere. Usually they are somewhere near the shore power entey. , never seen one above the fridge. curcuIt panels are always near the power entry into the unit.
Verify you have 120-240v a/c into the main breaker. Suspect a corroded or failed connection,
Follow tne power from your " house " to supply with a v/ a meter. A most basic homeowners tool.
If you have heard of surges. low voltages. Yes they happen in your home as well not only in parks

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 10:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The circuit breaker panel and House 12vdc fuses are above the fridge in this RV , 1997 Bounder 36ft class A
And i think it is stupid way to install such a place
Hard to service, difficult to make wiring changes and way too hot in the summer time, it creates breaker failures with the A/C breakers

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

cavie

Port Charlotte Fl/ Hindsdale MA

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 04:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Octaneforce wrote:

My 1993 fleetwood coranado class a suddenly will not give me 115v anywhere. When plugged in or even when the generator is running, i have no voltage anywhere. Ive reset all the breakers above the fridge, which are the only 115v breakers im aware of. Im looking for some suggestions on where to start before i start cutting open cabinets.

The first this you need to do is start with a voltmeter. You can't fix electric problems without one. Verify you have gen power and verify you have shore power. Then follow the gen wires and the shore power wires to the auto transfer switch. Open that up and check the two incoming connections and the 1 outgoing connections. Open the breaker box and check for voltage both incoming and outgoing on the main breaker. FYI, the modern-day voltage is 120/240. No longer 115/230. 120/240 for 50 amp and 120 for 30 amp.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 05:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you don,t no how to use a volt meter? hire a rv mobil tech to check this out. p.s don,t start throwing money at this .till your sure whats wrong. most likely a simple problem.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 120 volt circuit breakers you found in many Fleetwoods are next to the 12 volt DC distribution panel. If you have fuses behind a metal cover held on by a thumb screw that is the panel.
You said you reset breakers, did you push the breakers toward of?
there should be power to one of the sources, normally shore power.
Remove 120 volt breaker panel. Look for damaged wires. Check the white(neutral) in very back. Do this with genset off and shore power disconnected.
Use a meter or 120 volt test light to insure power is coming to the 30 amp main breaker. Could be a bad main breaker.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ask a knowledgeable neighbor to check the breakers for you.

Octaneforce

Long island

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[url=https://postimg.cc/hfgNLNW9][image][/ur l]

I took the cover off the panel next to the breakers and these wires are smoked. I was so aggravated i had to walk away from it. I’ll do more digging later. I really appreciate the help. I am an hvac tech so i have some electrical knowledge.

Heisenberg

West Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loose neutral.

2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.