Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Quartzite--happening this year?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Quartzite--happening this year?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm wondering if any activities are going on in Quartzite this year? Tent, etc? Any music festivals around area including Blythe?

2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Though I have not heard "I doubt it" is the operative phrase... 2022 perhaps but I don't think so this year... We do not yet have a vaccine and I'd not consider attending QZ till vaccinated.. And since insurance totaled my House (Motor home) not likely then (I had hoped but alas.... ). but that last part is me. I would not recommend anyone attend without being vaccinated. Much as I'd like to.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the latest
https://www.rvtravel.com/quartzsite-rv-show-2021-rvt960b/

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navidator2346 wrote:

Here is the latest

though this is the "latest", a word of caution:....that article is "ancient history" (August 8th? We are in October) in the present (pandemic) paradigm...even if the article was 7 days old, I would take it with a grain of salt.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A tent enclosure, a tendency to cluster and discuss products and personal achievements? The chance of encountering a younger superspreader?

How can I say "No Way In Hell..." politely?

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 04:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah--I figured so. Too bad, huh?

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’re not going to Parker this year for the first time in a dozen years. Mainly because I have some health issues to deal with.

* This post was edited 11/01/20 12:47pm by an administrator/moderator *

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sooner or later, health enters into the issue. I can no longer tolerate being around heated arguments. My heartbeat starts to race even as an onlooker. Then falling asleep becomes difficult because argumentative words keep ringing in my ears.

Campfire get togethers fueled by alcohol and common sense masking, and distancing. will be a joke. Don't need it. Choosing a camping place like Borrego Springs CA means 1/100th the people and I believe it to be warmer than Quartzite.

I am fortunste enough to be south of the border. Warm, and no one could give a darn. But very careful navigation is needed. For instance, today I buy medicines. There is a drive through farmacia. I can also pay utility bills via the car window and my clipboard. Perfect. Then return home and virtual travel with my big screen PC. and Youtube. There's my favorite ATM inside Costco and they pre screen shoppers with a temperature scan limit the number of customers and the giveaway Lysol towelettes at the door allow me to wipe down the keyboard and screen.

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Sooner or later, health enters into the issue. I can no longer tolerate being around heated arguments. My heartbeat starts to race even as an onlooker. Then falling asleep becomes difficult because argumentative words keep ringing in my ears.

Campfire get togethers fueled by alcohol and common sense masking, and distancing. will be a joke. Don't need it. Choosing a camping place like Borrego Springs CA means 1/100th the people and I believe it to be warmer than Quartzite.

I am fortunste enough to be south of the border. Warm, and no one could give a darn. But very careful navigation is needed. For instance, today I buy medicines. There is a drive through farmacia. I can also pay utility bills via the car window and my clipboard. Perfect. Then return home and virtual travel with my big screen PC. and Youtube. There's my favorite ATM inside Costco and they pre screen shoppers with a temperature scan limit the number of customers and the giveaway Lysol towelettes at the door allow me to wipe down the keyboard and screen.

Years ago, when I lived is southern CA, I enjoyed traveling in my motor home to the Anza Borrego desert area , east of San Diego and finding a secluded spot to dry camp. It’s quite an experience to be miles away from anyone and surrounded by complete silence, not to mention the beautiful starry nights undisturbed by the lights of civilization.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to Chuck Woodbury's latest newsletter Quartzite is alive and well and the big tent will be up and running albeit with some mods due to the virus.
Personally I would pass it up having underlying health problems and not knowing where the germ with my name on it is lurking.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Quartzite--happening this year?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.