cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems crossing the Laredo border going south lately?

Lou_Morris
Explorer
Explorer
We're aiming to enter Mexico via the Laredo (or Columbia) crossing next week, bound for Sayulita. Since officially the regulations still say "essential travel only", just wondering if anyone has had any issues crossing any of the borders south of late?

Also, we've never crossed at Laredo before (always used Nogales). Any tips on whether we should use Laredo or Columbia? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
'07 Winne View
Jetta TDI
6 REPLIES 6

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Mexico does have a travel ban in effect for essential travel only. I know it isn't a popular stance but people should just stay in their respective countries until further notice.

Just because you can doesn't make it right.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Lou lives in the US, there is no quarantine either there or in Mexico.

You will have no issues at all. Just have a safe drive and welcome back!

You should consider a short (or long) trip down to Zihuatanejo some time. We spent a lot of time in and around Lo de Marcos back in the early 90's and thought it was the best spot in Mexico. Then we found Zihuatanejo. We now live here full time!

cooldavidt
Explorer
Explorer
Easy to get into Mexico. The problem is the quarantine when you come back. Which could be different than it is now.

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
Read the topic before this one!

Lou_Morris
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. But as we all know, the official rules don't always match up with what actually happens, and can vary from one crossing to another. A few months ago these same rules applied yet travelers crossing south didn't notice any change from what I was told. I'm wanting to find out if anyone has crossed here (Laredo or Columbia) lately and what the experience was.
'07 Winne View
Jetta TDI

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
The official site states that only essential travel is permitted. It also states that should you or someone you have close contact with tests positive a 14 day quarantine will be required and you won't be readmitted pending a negative test.