Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Towing: Trailer Backup Camera & Tow Mirrors
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Trailer Backup Camera & Tow Mirrors

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

I don't have a camera. Might not trust it...I don't mind getting out of the truck and looking when my spotter isn't available. I am a fan of good mirrors.

I hate when those darn cameras show pictures that aren’t what they should be...lol

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Stepnwolf

Rio Rancho

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, I am about to buy a trailer 750 miles away so I need to get my ducks in a row before leaving. I am looking at a Arctic Fox 22G which is a 8.5' wide trailer excluding the awning. I am driving a Sequoia and the stock mirrors are 94" to the outside edge. I bought, but haven't installed the CIPA mirror extensions which add about another 10" to the width. That puts the outside edge of the mirror barely wider than the trailer. Will these add-on mirrors be adequate?

My previous experience pulling a TT was a 1963 16' Shasta being pulled with a 66 Chevy wagon with the extended mirrors mounted with long springs to the top and bottom of the door.

My cousin with the same vehicle is pulling a Snow River but it is 8' wide. He swapped his RH mirror for an extended mirror. Not sure how much of a difference that half foot of width makes.

I just don't want to be leaving the purchase point with inadequate mirros before the 750 mile return home.

Thanks!

Step 'N' Wolf
Toyota Sequoia Platinum
Arctic Fox 22GQ
Land of Enchantment

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wider would be better, but I think you'll be fine with those CIPA for the trip home. That should give you plenty of experience to judge if you want something even wider.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Trailer Backup Camera & Tow Mirrors
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.