cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jack Problem

herbert007
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Winibego Voyage. I have been having problems with something draining the Engine battery. I just use the battery boost and it starts no problem. The last time there was no power to the jack leveling system. All fuses looked good but everything is dead. I charged the battery but still no luck. Had to get a heavy duty mechanic in to drain the Hydraulic fluid and manually raise the jacks. I think it is a power problem but would be open to ideas.
5 REPLIES 5

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update, glad all is well!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

herbert007
Explorer
Explorer
Found solution. The alternator had fried my battery. It was a new battery but once I replaced the battery and a new alternator everything works. Took it in to replace the hydraulics and everything is good. Thx for the input I rec'd. Bill

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry, I don't know 'jack'. :B .....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How old are the batteries?

I have a Workorse Motor home I think the battery is a Group 78 (Side terminal) The Side Terminal (Common on GM products) is not supposed to need terminal cleaning they tell me... DO NOT BELIEVE IT

I'm now on my 3rd battery

#1 they used the wrong lug on the wires on the positive terminal so I had to clean it every few years.. Finally cleaning did not hewp (9 years old) So I got a new battery. and re-did the lug to a proper LEAD lug (Lead to lead does not corrode as fast) That I think I leaned one time over the next many years. Put a new one in last spring (rig now 15 years old) so that one lasted 6 years)

That's my story and I'm scrapping it next week (Long story but I'm outta the RV life come the 14th)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Do you have HWH jacks? If so, there is NO REASON to have to drain the Fluid to retract them.
2. IF you have a FORD chassis, the Instrument dash cluster dimmer may be your chassis 12 volt drain problem. On FORD chassis, if you roll the indent to the full "click" position that engages a light relay that will drain a chassis battery in about a week to 10 days.
3. If HWH jacks, there is really no part of the Jacks that will drain a battery. Doug