cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Ford dually tire valve stems access help please.

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Ford Dually and have trouble or difficulty getting at the inner rear dual tire stem to add air. Bought some valve stem exteriors with a angle of about 30 degree and also a tip to go on my air compressor, straight and angled head to get at the stems. Still the angle of the stem is not right on straight for easy air adding. Any suggestions
Chuck
7 REPLIES 7

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same problem. We added about a 6 inch long flexible valve stem extender to the inner tire and wire tied it to the valve stem on the outer tire. It works very good although on the inner wheel I need three hands so I hold the flexible stem of the inner wheel and the air compressor tip together and my wife squeezes the air compressor trigger. To place the valve stem extender on the inner wheel I took the truck to a tire shop, asked them to balance all 6 tires and while they had the inner wheel off the truck attach the extender. When I got home I added the wire tie.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have same problem. I finally gave up and run by my tire shop. They can get them checked and they don’t charge.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a air chuck combo that has an angled head and adds air and measures the tire pressure as well. All you need to do is put your rear tire valve stem in a 3 or 9 o'clock position and it is relatively easy to add/measure. I don't use extensions and have no problems with the above combo. I picked it up at an auto store don't remember which one.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
The ones you need are from Borg AKA Your Tire Supply. Dually Kit

They will look like this. The valve stems for Duallys. I have a set from another vendor that was the original maker of them and have been on my Class C for over 10 years with no leaks or problems. You can Check the pressure on all tires in a matter of minutes.

Valve stems

These are for Ford's E chassis dualies.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
chuck your problem is fords have a very nice wheel but not for adding air. Been that way for years and because of that I learned to like our steel wheels. Hand can go into the area to air the tire. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
The above Dually Kit and valve stems systems will not work if you have tire monitoring system for your truck or vehicle. The Factory valve stem have a special type senors that sends a signal to the vehicle tire pressure monitor on the dash read out. If you change the valve stem to the simple sit as above, you will no longer be able to monitor the tire pressure in the cab. I have a 2017 Ford 350 Dually.

Thanks IAmichbod anyway.

Charles
Chuck

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ones you need are from Borg AKA Your Tire Supply. Dually Kit

They will look like this. The valve stems for Duallys. I have a set from another vendor that was the original maker of them and have been on my Class C for over 10 years with no leaks or problems. You can Check the pressure on all tires in a matter of minutes.

Valve stems
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C