cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism. Tourism has been designated essential travel as it relates to the border crossing at Sonoyta/Lukeville. The main parks are The Reef RV Park with big spaces and nice beach front, then Play Bonita RV Park which is an old favorite for many. It is on the beach but is sure to fill up as it always has in the past and the 3rd beachfront RV Park is Playa de Oro, it is a great park in the up and coming back part of town. I know many of you will be in Arizona again this year so I just wanted to clear up any confusion about the border crossing. Many are telling stories that it is illegal to travel to Mexico right now or you have to lie to cross the border and that just isn't the case. So hopefully we will see you down here this winter!

On edit: this is not a complete list of RV parks in Rocky Point but highlights the ones that are on the beach.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora
22 REPLIES 22

Talleyho69
It's the same here in Zihuatanejo. Regularly they are soap and water scrubbing the surfaces/floors in all the mercados then spraying heavily with disinfectant. Temps are taken everywhere, everyone masks up and sanitizer is the catch of the day.

It is a different way to attempt to control things.

smn
Explorer
Explorer
Returned home yesterday here in Pagosa Springs, CO after a week at the Reef. Amazed by the different ways each country is protecting there citizens. Here it is a political game..Checked into the Reef they have a tray with an antibacterial solution for your shoes, all staff masked up. Went for a cold one at Wrecked at the Reef staff stops you outside and takes temp ,no indoor nada, tables far from one another same at Leys take your temp 65 and older only allowed to shop from 7to9A.M. hand sanitizer everywhere. But my whiplash moment was down on the arts and craft drag where three workers from Central Salud were spraying sidewalks with a disinfectant.I get it that Mex is got huge spikes but they seem to be being pro-active and everyone onboard with the Jale.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
coloradotallman wrote:
Is there still dry camping on the beach at The Reef? What price? Thanks.

No dry camp at the Reef anymore

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Is there still dry camping on the beach at The Reef? What price? Thanks.

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
I am very happy to hear that the story of the family in one vehicle was not fined for not all wearing masks in the vehicle. These days it is very hard to distinguish fact from fiction.
I am hoping to return to Mexico in January and that story was a deal breaker. Thanks for clarifying!

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
hypoxia wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Or Not. A local Arizona physician was charged $300 fine for not wearing a mask in his car with his family a day or two ago.
thats a little hard to believe. 300 us or 6000 pesos? I would have heard about that as is so far out of the norms it would have been discussed in our local boards

I'm reviving this to put it back to sleep. I relayed a story that for whatever reason I was told and was apparently total BS. There are no issues here in Rocky Point. I apologize to the group and to Russ for that.

Another Norcold 1200 fire destroyed a motorhome here a few days ago.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer
A friend and I spent last week in Puerto Penasco. Wore our masks at the border and were waved through. Aduana only asked if we had guns, and the army checkpoint waved us through. The office at the Reef RV park required masks and had disinfectant on a mat to walk through and gel to use on our hands. Wrecked at the Reef had only outdoor dining with spacing and the waiters wore gloves and masks. The restaurant manager said they had to close down for 3 months. Beach vendors wore masks. We had a good time and will return next May.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss wrote:
hypoxia wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Or Not. A local Arizona physician was charged $300 fine for not wearing a mask in his car with his family a day or two ago.
thats a little hard to believe. 300 us or 6000 pesos? I would have heard about that as is so far out of the norms it would have been discussed in our local boards

It's a funny story from a friend who was getting checked out by her GYN.......He was the one who paid the fine 🙂 I would have liked to have been the fly on the wall.

How would you have heard about it?
Jim

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss wrote:

Jim

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111, Chris, my e-mail is deenbea@bellsouth.net. By the way, I got a response from Senator Tim Scott's office; he sees the situation at a Rocky Point the same way as I do, lack of Mexico enforcement at the border. But he wants a more definitive conclusion from the Dept. of Homeland Security.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
charlestonsouthern wrote:
Chris, I also see that last amendment extending the March 21, 2020 original border agreement between Mexico, US, and Canada to October 21, 2020. But I see no other amendments (re: land borders) to the foreign relations agreement among the three countries. Do you think Mexico has broken the agreement? Or has Mexico just chosen to not enforce the land border agreement? I've referred the "morning-breakout" article listed above to my US senator, and he indicated that he will check into the situation or determine if there has been an additional amendment regarding land borders.

Attempted to send you a PM.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MK2
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss (On edit: this is not a complete list of RV parks in Rocky Point but highlights the ones that are on the beach.)
Concha Del Mar east of the Playa Hotel is also on the beach, dry camping only

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Chris, I also see that last amendment extending the March 21, 2020 original border agreement between Mexico, US, and Canada to October 21, 2020. But I see no other amendments (re: land borders) to the foreign relations agreement among the three countries. Do you think Mexico has broken the agreement? Or has Mexico just chosen to not enforce the land border agreement? I've referred the "morning-breakout" article listed above to my US senator, and he indicated that he will check into the situation or determine if there has been an additional amendment regarding land borders.