Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism. Tourism has been designated essential travel as it relates to the border crossing at Sonoyta/Lukeville. The main parks are The Reef RV Park with big spaces and nice beach front, then Play Bonita RV Park which is an old favorite for many. It is on the beach but is sure to fill up as it always has in the past and the 3rd beachfront RV Park is Playa de Oro, it is a great park in the up and coming back part of town. I know many of you will be in Arizona again this year so I just wanted to clear up any confusion about the border crossing. Many are telling stories that it is illegal to travel to Mexico right now or you have to lie to cross the border and that just isn't the case. So hopefully we will see you down here this winter!

On edit: this is not a complete list of RV parks in Rocky Point but highlights the ones that are on the beach.

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great to see and hear about.

It does appear that RVers are arriving in Mexico. Yesterday on the beach a couple from the US snagged us to talk about our dogs. They are in an RV here on Playa la Ropa in Zihuatanejo on their first Mexico trip. They are having a great time.

Also this morning while we were out front watering, a class C with Quebec plates drove by toward town, away from our two RV parks.

May there be more!!!

dkilley

Delta, BC, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/20 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is great that rv is considered essential service to cross at that boarder crossing. I wonder if that would apply to all boarders going into Mexico. Now we just need the USA to make the same apply for us Canadians who want to travel down from Canada.

Talleyho69

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Mexican border reopened September 15. https://khn.org/morning-breakout/mexican-borders-reopen-for-nonessential-travel-from-us/

For more information on specific crossings, see the topic "Driving across the Border during Covid," specifically the posting by Playaboy.

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/20 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Reef RV Park is a dirt parking lot IMO. Nice view of the ocean from some spots however.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss wrote:

I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Russ, what are the current driving/mask restrictions? Does the second person in the vehicle still have to be in the back seat with a mask on? What about beach access, is it still restricted entry and exit points? Other mask limitations? Can I load up 6 people in the same vehicle now? Restaurant restrictions?

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hypoxia wrote:

mexicoruss wrote:

I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Russ, what are the current driving/mask restrictions? Does the second person in the vehicle still have to be in the back seat with a mask on? What about beach access, is it still restricted entry and exit points? Other mask limitations? Can I load up 6 people in the same vehicle now? Restaurant restrictions?

As of August 1st the mask mandate in all public spaces is enforced, once inside a restaurant/bar and seated you can remove the mask, get up to go pee or walk around put it back on. Beaches are open at 7 am and close at 7 pm other than that they are unrestricted no mask needed in your beach shade area but when dealing with a vendor...mask up. Naomi and I drive together all the time again and we have our mask around our neck but not on in the car. As far as I know there is no family restrictions on how many passengers are in the car, I have a 15 passenger van with dark windows and I can't use it yet in my tour business (nor would I want to right now) At Sams club 1 person per card is allowed. At super markets we have no problem shopping together but kids under 12 are still not allowed. Every store no matter what it is is mask mandatory or no entry. I have an outdoor market coming up on the 17th and I had to attend a class on crowd safety and yes it is mask mandatory even though its outside. These guys aren't kidding around when it comes to public safety I like it. We will get through this time and look back on it and either sigh or smile or both.

* This post was edited 10/05/20 09:55am by mexicoruss *

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talleyho69 wrote:

The Mexican border reopened September 15. https://khn.org/morning-breakout/mexican-borders-reopen-for-nonessential-travel-from-us/

For more information on specific crossings, see the topic "Driving across the Border during Covid," specifically the posting by Playaboy.

“Ambos países coordinarán las medidas sanitarias en la región fronteriza que estarán vigentes hasta las 23:59 hrs. del 21 de octubre de 2020,informó la Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE) de México en sus redes sociales.

“Both countries will coordinate health measures in the border region that will be in effect until 11:59 p.m. of October 21, 2020 , reported the Ministry of Foreign Relations (SRE) of Mexico in its social networks.

* This post was edited 10/05/20 06:17pm by qtla9111 *

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All we can do is our best. We have given up riding the combi's and now drive everywhere. We avoid lines that we see on the sidewalks, usually in front of banks.

We live 15 minutes from an international airport and the foreign tourists are arriving. We also get a HUGE number of bus people, yesterday there were 21 buses in the main parking area, and all are let off on the beaches. It comes down to, at least here, starvation or doing the best everyone can to stay healthy and encourage/require "safe practices."

Is this the right thing to do??? All we can do is our best.

Eres mi amigo, y a veces tenemos que estar de acuerdo en no estar de acuerdo.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris, I also see that last amendment extending the March 21, 2020 original border agreement between Mexico, US, and Canada to October 21, 2020. But I see no other amendments (re: land borders) to the foreign relations agreement among the three countries. Do you think Mexico has broken the agreement? Or has Mexico just chosen to not enforce the land border agreement? I've referred the "morning-breakout" article listed above to my US senator, and he indicated that he will check into the situation or determine if there has been an additional amendment regarding land borders.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.