cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite 2021

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
The big tent event is happening again in Quartzsite January 16-24. Anybody on this forum planning a trip to the show? If so and why it's in the Mexico forum, Naomi and I are making plans to be there with information on Mexico RV travel..just saying if it all works out please stop by and say HI!
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora
13 REPLIES 13

Talleyho69
This thread has been closed because it quickly turned into postings about the pandemic.

Anything having to do with the pandemic is to be posted in Around the Campfire, found on this website.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
once was enough , don,t care for crowds and way over priced junk. but the camping in the blm lands was great.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œand ended up buying lots of rocks...โ€

Do you have a long, long trailer?โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
This probably isn't the year to be going there....ask POTUS why.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in Quartzsite this winter but will leave town before the crowd arrives.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
It's a gotta do it at least once place. I go a couple days a year to see what I just can't do with out.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Talleyho69
We didn't know about Quartzite and stopped there for a night a bit before the main event just as they were starting to set up. Amazing!!! We were on our way to Mexico for the winter and ended up buying lots of rocks that we had to haul around with us for months. So fun, and we missed the main event!!!

If we still lived in the states we planned to check it out sometime.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
mexicoruss wrote:
The big tent event is happening again in Quartzsite January 16-24. Anybody on this forum planning a trip to the show? If so and why it's in the Mexico forum, Naomi and I are making plans to be there with information on Mexico RV travel..just saying if it all works out please stop by and say HI!

Its like 5K RVers dry camping in the desert who drive 2 miles into a an area next to I-10 where you will have a bunch of big and small tents who are selling everything ever made for an RV. Its a place that people either love or hate it. I did it once for a few days and that was all I ever needed.
One year they counted more than 500,000 Rv's in the desert served by a town of only about 2000, agreed it's not for everybody but is very fun to experience!
Russ Black
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
mexicoruss wrote:

Its like 5K RVers dry camping in the desert who drive 2 miles into a an area next to I-10 where you will have a bunch of big and small tents who are selling everything ever made for an RV. Its a place that people either love or hate it. I did it once for a few days and that was all I ever needed.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
dkilley wrote:
Ok. Call me stupid. What is the big tent event all about. Never been there at that time of year.
I refuse to call you stupid, however good question.
For over 30 years Kenny King has put on a huge big tent event in Quartzsite. It is RV lifestyle specific. During the 9 days of the show we have seen more than 50,000 people walk through the doors to get info on almost everything related to Rving. My wife and I used it to launch our RV travel business 25 plus years ago and it introduced us into the amazing RV business. I still have friends that I met there from all those years ago. It is fun especially if you have never done it before here's a link Quartzsite RV
Russ Black
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s a big, big tent with vendors crammed inside and thousands of RVers walking the aisles buying things they donโ€™t need...potato peelers, make gasoline from water, โ€œlive foreverโ€ pills etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. Call me stupid. What is the big tent event all about. Never been there at that time of year.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m planning on a Quartzite trip to see friends at a distance but wonโ€™t be attending the big show because of the virus...unfortunate.