cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water valve

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
my son just bought a coleman tt 2021. When trying to get water from water heater found out the valves only work when part way open. Weird. If you turn valve all the way either direction you get no water flow. Anyone else come across this type of valve .
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
kellem wrote:
Definitely weird and have to wonder what justifies a 3-way.

Every trailer we've owned (4) have had the simple open and close with a alternate bypass valve.

Note:
Make sure the bypass valve is in the closed position to avoid cold water invasion.

Sounds to me like the valve handle(s) are not properly attached.

Why 3 way valves instead of one way? Only need two of them insead of 3. Depending on the supplier may be less expensive that way.

Mine is also 3-valve (all single action)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks to all .this explains a lot.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are 1 valve, 2 valve, and 3 valve setups. How many valves are there in the water lines behind your water heater. Until we know that, we can't really answer your question.

When you say that when the valves are turned fully either way, you get no water, it sounds like you are opening one valve and closing the other at the same time. Both valves would need to be open to get water. I am going to make an assumption that you have a 2 valve system. You need to try 4 different valve settings:
1. top valve left, bottom valve left
2. top valve left, bottom valve right
3. top valve right, bottom valve left
4. top valve right, bottom valve right

One of those will have both valves closed and you get no water, the winterized setting. Two of those will have one valve open and one valve closed and you get no water, never used. The fourth will have both valves open and you will get water, the summer setting.

If you don't have a 2 valve system, this is not applicable.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
If I'm seeing correctly, that pic shows it in the bypass position for both valves, if the long ends of the handle are parallel with the long tubes, then it's in summer use.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Are you guys thinking its the setup with only 1 valve and the water heater exit has the built in check valve?

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely weird and have to wonder what justifies a 3-way.

Every trailer we've owned (4) have had the simple open and close with a alternate bypass valve.

Note:
Make sure the bypass valve is in the closed position to avoid cold water invasion.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like RV MFG used 3-way valves
1/4 turn to open, close or direct flow

Very common type of valve used

Example: uses two 3-way valves
*in Bypass Mode (handle points in direction of flow)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31