cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Tongue jack not

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Wildwood with electronic jack- Just stopped working- I checked the fuse both near the jack and in the panel and those are fine- Any other tips/tricks to troubleshooting?
8 REPLIES 8

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
If the motor runs but the jack doesn't lift then you may have to replace a broken shear pin in the gear box. Sorry, reread about no-run situation.

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnect battery. Then using the supplied manual handle, raise (or lower) to clear the down (or up) limit switch. Then try electrically again.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
have a volt meter? check the switch?
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
How did you check those fuses?
Visually or with a voltmeter??
Visually can hide actual bad fuse

Have you verified you have 12VDC from battery to the tongue jack?
Use voltmeter and confirm
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Possible the wire crimps failed. Go back to the fuse coming off the jack and press the wires back in. They just need to make contact for the jack to work.

Also make sure someone didnt install the normally black colored jack wire to the negative terminal. Easy to do because i looks like a ground wire.

Clean all terminals. The jack grounds itself.

If easy you can remove the switch on the jack. See if the switch is seeing 12v. Make sure the switch itself has continuity.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Battery charged?
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
State of charge?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
no 12v. brushes shot in motor? bad up/down switch. corroded spades on switch. and the last,just died. one more,,,,, bad ground to frame.