cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone utilize Camping World consignment?

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had experience using Camping World's consignment service?

I'm curious about the experience you had and if you were happy with it

Ron W
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650
4 REPLIES 4

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjsurfer wrote:

Ron W
Have you calculated exactly what you'd get free and clear (after all the fees) with a consignment? Might sell it faster if you took the time to just list it (with good pics!!) on Craiglist or RVtrader yourself for this lower, "after fees" consignment price.

What kind of unit do you have? Condition? What do you want for it? The answers to these 3 questions will determine how much hassle you'll experience selling it---privately or on consignment.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I can not believe that they would put any effort into trying to sell your unit used when they have a whole lot of new units they can sell. DTANK'S idea is a good one and wish you the best in selling your rig.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

wd
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure your insurance will cover the unit while sitting on someone's lot for sale.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
rjsurfer wrote:

Ron W

Maybe you should ask who may have had a "happy experience" with *anything* Camping World?..:R

Wouldn't consign a bicycle to CW - or buy one from them, LOL.

Sorry Marcus! - As one in-famous man? once said, "It is what it is!"

Check into PPL Motorhomes in Texas - see lots of happy experiences by both buyers and sellers.

Before consigning - check the comps and then list it in Craigslist in a large city near you. Use voice mail phone number with outgoing message. Ask callers to leave their number - and you will return calls in order received. Use a Tracfone (or similar) to return the calls - they never have your "real" number unless you want them to have it. (Culs out the "low ballers", tire kickers, dealers, etc.)

Can vouch that the system works great - even spectacular!
If you have a decent RV to sell-at a decent price.....it will be gone!

Good luck.