Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Manufacturing and Marketing Genius
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Manufacturing and Marketing Genius

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
fill

Lancaster, Ca. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve too much time on my hands since retirement. I’m supposed to “Stop & Smell the Roses” but I’ve begun to notice things.
There are two products(I’m sure you have noticed more) that show genius in marketing.

1. KITKAT Candy Bar. With their continuous covered wafers they can be cut to any size by only changing the settings on their cutting machines. Brilliant!

2. Cheerios (and the like). Those little O’s have enough volume to fill up the box or bowl like any other cereal, but without having the overhead of material to fill the centers. Splendid!

The idle thoughts of an idle fellow. Have you noticed any of these cost saving items?

Fill
’00 Subaru. ’08 GoldWing 1800
2012 Roll-A-Home, Eagle 1 trailer
GWRRA, Thousand Trails, IBMC
(We’ve downsized)

* This post was edited 10/06/20 11:12am by an administrator/moderator *

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CONTENTS MAY SETTLE DURING SHIPMENT
(Definition) "We're too cheap to buy a vibration platform and secondary refilling machine"

BIG CANDY BAR. Stiff cardboard backing is twice the size of the product

AMAZONDOTCOM. Massive box for tiny contents. Waste of box size and shipper's carrying capacity.

Porch Thieves: Leave a box of dog poop and dirt on your front porch. Use an absurdly oversized Amazon box. Gets rid of the box too

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MANY products on the shelves are using the same packaging but reducing contents. My stick cheese wrapper is now almost 1/2 too long. We are all being scammed.

My favorite though: I eat wheat crackers and the brand I buy changed their packaging to state "plant based". Isn't wheat a plant????

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

(Definition) "We're too cheap to buy a vibration platform and secondary refilling machine"

AMAZONDOTCOM. Massive box for tiny contents. Waste of box size and shipper's carrying capacity.

Porch Thieves: Leave a box of dog poop and dirt on your front porch. Use an absurdly oversized Amazon box. Gets rid of the box too

Hahahaha, have to borrow some neighbours dog poop and set up the spy cam.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/20 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The goal of all food processors is to sell you as much air and water as possible. Example, ice cream is sold by volume, so whip that stuff to a froth. Look on the label when you buy a ham. Note where it says “water added.” I worked with the chemist responsible for inventing the precise salt combination needed so they could inject that water and not just have it run right back out. Think about it. What ingredients are cheaper than air and water?

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I won’t say how I know, but I can say with absolute authority that a spool of very fine bare wire, a large Amazon box, an electric fence module and a motion sensitive doorbell camera will provide hours of entertainment.

BTW, Pavlov would have stumped by Porch Pirates, they just do NOT learn.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/20 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There a some you tube videos of a guy that wired a cellphone and glitter bombs in the boxes. He got about a dozen porch pirates.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/20 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherman wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Hahahaha, have to borrow some neighbours dog poop and set up the spy cam.

Why would you even waste your time for such nonsense?[emoticon]

Dustytuu

Somewhere in the USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can never ever understand people........ we lived in a rural area on paved road. We had an old bicycle to give away. We put it out by the road by our mail box. We were working in the yard and a man and couple boys stopped to get it. We watched them stop and load it. They kept looking around quickly and acted like they were doing something wrong. We had a FREE sign on it. They never said anything or thank you to us. But that is ok we were happy to get rid of it and to someone who could use it.

2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sat an old lawn mower on the curb with a free sign on it. Sat for two days, no takers. Changed the sign to $20 and someone knocked on the door and offered $10. SOLD:

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Manufacturing and Marketing Genius
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.