cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone try Road Armor suspension system?

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

In researching ways to make my travel trailer ride smoother, I was pretty set on the MoRryde 3000 or 4000 system, but I wanted to research them a bit more. In doing so I discovered the Lippert Road Armor. It looks like a nice system but I cant find too much info or reviews on the system. There is a nice video on Youtube, but I'm curious if anyone here has installed and tried this system? It is $230 less than the MorRyde 4000 system and about $100 more than the 3000. I just want to make a choice, install it and be done, so please share if you have any experience. I would really like to save a few hundred dollars if possible, but not if the performance is not there. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
The Morryde has been said to be subject to a shearing breakage problem by a VERY few. It is an excellent system. Supposedly the Road Armor has been designed to address potential Morryde "faults." So, they supposedly went to school on Morryde.

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
spoon059 wrote:
I'm with bedpan on this. When I think Lippert, I think minimal standard, and oftentimes not quite minimal. Personally I've seen a lot more Morryde systems and heard a lot more about it. If the Lippert product was superior at a better price point, I'd have to imagine manufacturers would prefer to save money and use it and more people would have bought, installed and reviewed them.

Who knows, maybe they are a diamond in the rough and so new that they don't have many reviews. Given LCI's track record, I would be surprised though.

Sounds like Morryde is the better choice. We'll be working on uncle's trailer soon after we finished installing the shocks and toyo open country mt tires on the Wrangler. We'll evaluate if the Morryde 4000 would worth it.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'd go for the Moryde before Lippert, for all reasons above.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm with bedpan on this. When I think Lippert, I think minimal standard, and oftentimes not quite minimal. Personally I've seen a lot more Morryde systems and heard a lot more about it. If the Lippert product was superior at a better price point, I'd have to imagine manufacturers would prefer to save money and use it and more people would have bought, installed and reviewed them.

Who knows, maybe they are a diamond in the rough and so new that they don't have many reviews. Given LCI's track record, I would be surprised though.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

bedpan
Explorer
Explorer
I am working through some major issues with my trailer right now with the dealer. The frame is cracked above the rear spring hanger on both sides. I am thinking once I finally get it back (3 months and counting) I might look at a major suspension upgrade. I have watched some videos on the LCI Road Armor. They review well but saying that all the reviews I have seen have been sponsored by LCI which really leaves me with doubts about how unbiased they really are.

My cracked frame in the end is a Lippert/LCI frame (Heartland trailer) and they have really dropped the ball. I am not sure buying more LCI parts to fix a LCI trailer that is **** is the right answer..

Sorry for the vent ๐Ÿ˜‰

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very surprised no one has used this. Looks like a pretty solid system from Lippert so I would have thought plenty were out there by now. Maybe that says something?? I don't know? I am really wanting to pull the trigger and try it since it will save me over $200 vs MorRyde 4000, but maybe the $200 is worth it if the product has not become popular.