Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Thanks to Colorado Springs Dodge!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thanks to Colorado Springs Dodge!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Yep, should have been replaced long ago under warranty/recall.
Ideally, yes. As luck would have it, it was actually less hassle getting it replaced Mon, then it would have been trying to work around our local Ram dealer's schedule (a very busy and unaccommodating service dept.). Our next closest Ram dealer is almost 100 mi. away.

Happy for you it didn't leave you along the Highway in HOT weather!!!

He keep landing on chambers without a round in it each time he pulled. When he did hit a chamber with a round, it was a misfire and he was not stranded in the middle of ten buck two. He should be buying lotto tickets.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Ideally, yes. As luck would have it, it was actually less hassle getting it replaced Mon, then it would have been trying to work around our local Ram dealer's schedule (a very busy and unaccommodating service dept.). Our next closest Ram dealer is almost 100 mi. away.

He keep landing on chambers without a round in it each time he pulled. When he did hit a chamber with a round, it was a misfire and he was not stranded in the middle of ten buck two. He should be buying lotto tickets.

AGREED! Kinda like Sis in Law knew her Honda timing belt needed replacing. She was driving along Chuckanut Drive at 55 and the car just quit. I towed it to her Mechanic. He started working on it and realized there was no damage. He said the same as she should go buy a Lottery Ticket!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

AGREED! Kinda like Sis in Law knew her Honda timing belt needed replacing. She was driving along Chuckanut Drive at 55 and the car just quit. I towed it to her Mechanic. He started working on it and realized there was no damage. He said the same as she should go buy a Lottery Ticket!!!

Some small engines have the pistons slam into the open valves. It is termed an interference engine. The 2.4 Ford 4 cylinder was noted to do that.

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are very lucky, I lost the water pump on my previous 03 four years ago in 98 degree heat, and it took out the crank sensor also.
Luckily, I was in a congested construction zone going 30mph, and just coasted to the side of the road.

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 11:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

The whole point of my post was to comment on Colorado Springs Dodge’s outstanding service.

Again, if all Ram service departments were efficient, responsive, and customer oriented, I’d be on-board with your critique.

Unfortunately, they’re not.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are they that good or did you get lucky with the unexpected open window of time?
Still a positive outcome and glad to hear you are back on the road.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Are they that good or did you get lucky with the unexpected open window of time?
I’d say a little of both.

time2roll wrote:

Still a positive outcome and glad to hear you are back on the road.
Thx!

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Some small engines have the pistons slam into the open valves. It is termed an interference engine. The 2.4 Ford 4 cylinder was noted to do that.

Just about all modern engines are interference engines.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

otrfun wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

The whole point of my post was to comment on Colorado Springs Dodge’s outstanding service.

Again, if all Ram service departments were efficient, responsive, and customer oriented, I’d be on-board with your critique.

Unfortunately, they’re not.

OTRfun,
Glad it worked out for the best and sharing a good dealer as they can be hard to come by.
F

gwalter

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 10:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colorado Springs Dodge is where I have all my service done. I did not purchase my truck from them but they are always fast in scheduling work. Recently my radiator cracked and I called them on Monday and got it in on Wed. for the new one. During the time they had it one of my dually fenders was damaged. They took care of all the body work plus fixing a dent I had put in it for no charge. They didn't like the first paint job so shot it all again and did a great job.

2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2014 Heartland Bighorn Silverado 34SE
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Thanks to Colorado Springs Dodge!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.