Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: frustrated with booking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> frustrated with booking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
huskyfan68

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/20 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to get into Pleasant Acres in North NJ- I believe it was privately owned and no says "Zeman RV" - Every time I call- it sends me into a loop that no one can take my call. I have called several times- left messages and emailed and no response. Anyone have any dealings with them?

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Their website seems to work for me.

https://www.zemanrv.com/book/

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe it's just me, but if I have problems making a reservation (like no callbacks, or a callback from someone that clearly doesn't know the park and can't answer basic questions), I take that as a poor reflection on their customer service and look for a different place to stay.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/20 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2 Why would you want to stay if they return calls?

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you checked their website to see if they are currently shut down due to COVID? It's possible they are even if there is nothing on their website. Right now I'd cut businesses some slack as everyone's world is turned up side down.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

huskyfan68

usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/20 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

they happen to be closest to event i need to attend- Nothing COVID related- I finally got in touch with someone today- but they stated they only answer calls on certain days of the week- My issue is not with the local campsite owners- its with these larger companies that buy the smaller ones out.... I'm just complaining,,

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having knowledgeable people available by phone is expensive compared to reservations on-line. Yes, that's the way we used to do everything but times have changed. They have 16 parks by my count in 8 states...even a "jewel" of a phone in reservation person couldn't remember all those locations and their specifics..."which site is closest to the lake?" "which site is the shortest distance to the bath house?" Etc.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The smaller CG didn’t have to sell to the big (bad?) larger company. Could be the CG was in financial straits for any number of reasons, and the only way it could stay in business was to be absorbed into the larger company. Perhaps it was a good way to keep all the CG employees employed.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> frustrated with booking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.